#1 jcarlettini

jcarlettini

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Accordance Version:9.x

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:19 AM

As one of the beta testers I can tell you the Accordance team has done a tremendous job and worked very hard to get this first version released. Many of our much anticipated and desired features are already planned to be released in upcoming updates. Also, please remember to give your feedback in a cunstructive was as the team has worked hard on this app and is some ways it has become like their second child. Here are some of the things that I submitted in Beta Tester forum that I was asked to move over to this forum.

#5   jcarlettini 

Bronze

Group:Active Members
Accordance Version:9.x
Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:22 PM
I know these will not be adressed for the first release but wanted to share them. I just updated my version of Olive Tree and would encourage you to check it out as it is very visually appealing and user friendly.

I find myself not using the accordance app for general daily reading of scripture and choosing other apps. I am really only turning to Accordance for the reference tools and here is why. I posted this before but I am much more convinced that a paragraph mode is essential, the verse by verse layout of the app is not very appealing for simply reading. Adding an option to change the background color or layout is important. To do an extensive reading or studying having the option to change from the bright white background will be helpful and appealing. The ability to sync notes and highlight passages is another essential as highlighting is sone of the most common and basic features but not added and my notes are trapped on a mobile device. Also, there has be a way to copy and past content from the app to other apps, I am not aware of another app without this basic feature. How does it help me to study for a lesson or sermon if all the imformation is trapped on this app. At this point I am not using the app much because other apps, namely Olive Tree, give basic options that this app does not. This is not meant to be a criticism but an feedback about some basic features that should make a huge difference. The app is impressive in all that it can do, but these basic visual and user freandly features would make it much more practical for daily use. Thanks for all you are doing.

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:00 PM
Hey guys, I know David tweeted this article and I think the author really nails it as far as strengths and needed improvements. He definitely says it better that I am able to and mentions most of the things I posted on here before the release. Just thought I would post it in hopes it gets read and considered when addressing updates. http://wezlo.wordpre...and-accordance/

I have a feature request, not sure if it is very difficult or not. I am trying to use a couple of the devotional modules on my iPad and iPhone. However, anytime you change modules it begins again at the beginning of the module instead of remembering the last place you were. It is not terrible at this point because it is January 4th but as the year goes on that will become frustrating. Obviously this feature would be very useful if I was reading a bible translation and wanted to look something related up in a different module and them return back where I was. It seems as though that should not be a major difficulty to add such a feature. I have 30 or so books in my Kindle book and at any time I can open one of the books and it immediately takes me to the last page read. Some kind of feature like that would be very helpful.

Thank you for all your hard work.

#2 Victor Gutierrez

Victor Gutierrez

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 12:49 PM

I would love to be able to use bookmarks and organize those bookmarks accordingly. That would open a lot of new ways to approach my study (an example of this would be the ability to jump back and forth in different resources as I study a passage.) I have more ideas, but I am waiting to get more comfortable with Accordance and the iOS app before making more comments.

Sincerely,
Victor Gutierrez

#3 jcarlettini

jcarlettini

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

I would love to be able to use bookmarks and organize those bookmarks accordingly. That would open a lot of new ways to approach my study (an example of this would be the ability to jump back and forth in different resources as I study a passage.) I have more ideas, but I am waiting to get more comfortable with Accordance and the iOS app before making more comments.

Sincerely,
Victor Gutierrez

I agree I think that features is huge for frequent practical use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users