Learning to Use Accordance

David Lang

Ruben Gomez of Bible Software Review recently blogged on the need for Bible Software developers to be more "pedagogical" in their documentation/help. By pedagogical, Rub

I've used all but the training DVD. The manual and mini-guide are useful, but I would add some tips or a FAT (Frequently Asked for Tips) section.

For example, when I asked how do I print a single article in the Journals, I got a couple answer from users that were OK, but then Helen gave the "secret handshake". :)

It wasn't intuitive that I had to select the article, then set the scope to articles and then search *. At that point, the search window would contain only the entire article I wanted

These types of "recipes" w/reference to the manual and mini-manual pages would be great! In fact, when I posted her e-mail as a response, several people viewed the post (even though the forum was in test mode!)

That second part of adding the manual page references is key. Too often a recipe is given and of course it is limited and you learn a task, but including the page references makes it easy to learn more widely the functions and become much more proficient.

Just a few thoughts,

Rich

Archived