How to increase size of search line box and "verse" or "words" indicator?

Bob Gonzales

My vision is not that good. Thankfully, I can enlarge the font sizes of my resources. But I'm trying to figure out how to enlarge the actual search box along with the indicator "VERSES" or "WORDS." Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Bob Gonzales

Sorry, you cannot enlarge the text in the search box. Of course, Mac lets you enlarge everything using the Zoom in System Preferences: Universal Access

Thanks. I'm aware of the zoom feature of universal access. The problem is that causes the size of everything to increase so that some parts of the workspace disappear off the screen. Or I can set it to create a small zoom window, which is better. However, it still requires extra key strokes and toggling. So I'd like to kindly request that Accordance include in an update version an option in Preferences that allows one to enlarge the search box. :-)

You can enlarge the box now, but the text and icons do not change in size, sorry!

Hi Bob,

it's also not necessarily ideal, and it may have other unwanted effects, but if you decrease the resolution of your monitor you will increase the size of all the elements. You can still change the size of your search text etc using the A buttons, an the other elements will change size too, but that might help.

I know the issue, though my eyes aren't all that bad, I can notice that I am having to do little adjustments like this on occasions.

post-29509-0-59951600-1349130880_thumb.png

As you can see I have mine set on quite a high resolution (top right arrow). But if I needed to I could decrease this (e.g. bottom right arrow).

To see these options you would have to select "scaled" in the System Preference panel (top right arrow)

You find this by opening the System Preferences... menu item in the Apple menu (top left of your screen) and then selecting "Displays" - usually the second item in the second line (Hardware) of the System Preferences

post-29509-0-26971700-1349131159_thumb.png

Edited by Ken Simpson

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Bob Gonzales for his reminder about the zoom window. I've been a long time user of Quickeys so I created two macros, one to turn on zoom window and one to turn it off.

Another idea is ZoomIt, sort of a magnifying glass feature. I use it for demos sometimes. It's a third party utility that puts a magnifying glass over the selected area.

post-29509-0-52484400-1353014765_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ken Simpson