Default search window

countach

It seemed when I first installed accordance that it by default came up with "*" verses as the default and thus showed the whole text as a starting point. But now when I create a new search window it is empty and I find myself almost all the time having to do that as a starting point.

Is there any way to make this the default starting point?

Also is there a quick way to return to this point? Some apple script maybe?

You probably want to check your General preferences in Accordance. Sounds to me like you have it set up to Default Session in the drop down. If so, thats ok. Just go to Accordance and tab into the search field. Type an *. Open preferences again, go to General and, with Default Session selected in the drop down, click Set Default Session. This will make whatever window arrangement you currently have be the default each time you open a new search.

Tom is correct, but if you have it set to start up with Default Search window, you define that in the Search window page of Preferences. Tell it you want to open to search for Verses and it will put the asterisk for you.

However, if you ask for New Search window from the File menu, it always opens without the asterisk, whether for words or verses. Conversely if you open a specific text from the Resource palette (without amplifying, i.e. without having anything selected in a text pane) it always opens to search for verses with an asterisk. This is built into Accordance and not a user preference.

Archived