LXX keyed to Hebrew (Beyond MT-LXX parallel)

Jon Falkenstein

For any keyed English text (like NRSVS), I can search for the word "see" and in the Analysis, see the various Greek or Hebrew words that the NRSV has translated as "see." This is an incredibly useful word study resource. This is possible because the text is keyed.

However, for studying the LXX, the closest to this feature would be the MT-LXX parallel (which I have). However, while useful, this isn't nearly as user-friendly as the Analysis feature Accordance already has.

What would be really useful is to have the LXX text keyed to the Hebrew, just as English texts are. Certainly there are areas where the LXX greatly departs from the Hebrew... but then again, so don't the English translations in places as well, but that hasn't been an insurmountable challenge.

If the LXX were keyed to the hebrew, it would be much easier and more efficient to quickly generate an analysis of how many different Hebrew words are translated by a single LXX Greek word.

Pretty, pretty please?!

This project would take years of scholarly work and corresponding bundles of $$$$. I think our best course of action is to continue to develop features based on the MT-LXX, like we already have in the Interlinear.

• Like 1

I would also think a Greek LXX keyed to an LXX English translation might come first? I think that's been talked about/suggested on the forums before, but same issue: time and cost.