Can I Copy/Paste Highlighted Text?

Mark Nigro

Today I wanted to copy biblical text with its highlighting to then paste into a PowerPoint slide for a class I am teaching. However, I lose the highlighting in the copy/paste transfer.

I have searched the help file and forum but haven't found this specific request. Is there a way to keep the highlighted portions?

A workaround I have found, but which I'd like to avoid, is to select the text, print to PDF, and then I could bring in the document to PowerPoint as an image.

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

To me, an image is the only feasible option. If you want to retain the graphical look of the highlights, I can't think of another way to preserve that without an image. However, why not use a screenshot to the clipboard? Type shift-command-control-4 to get a selection crosshairs, select the portion of text you want, then paste it into Powerpoint.

Thanks Joel. That's a much better idea than printing to PDF and trying to work with an A4 document as an image :)

Glad it helps! I'm a huge fan of screen captures, and feel it is often under appreciated. My quick reference guide:

'3' for the entire screen, '4' for a portion of it. Add in 'control' to save to the clipboard instead of a file. Hit space while selecting 4 to choose a window rather than selection. I actually use shift-command-4 dozens of times a day simply for making screen measurements.