Commentaries available with Library 7

Anthony

Hello,

I am reading up on Accordance, trying to determine if it will meet my needs for personal Bible study. I am considering the Library 7 package and trying to determine the commentaries that are available in it. There appears to be only 2 available (Clarke's and Henry). Is this correct? Thanks.

Library 7 Standard only comes with the two you stated. Library 7 Premier comes with much more. If your considering the 7 standard you could use that for a bit then upgrade it later on to the Library 7 Premier for the additional $100.

The Introductory Level contains Matthew Henry's Condensed and Wesley's Notes.

The Standard Level adds Henry Complete; Barnes' Notes on the New Testament; Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown; Maclaren's Expositions; and a number of one-book commentaries (McGarvey on Acts, Charles Hodge on Ephesians, Luther on Ephesians, Manton on James, Johnson on the Gospel of John, and Chadwick on the Gospel of Mark).

The Premier Level adds Calvin's Commentaries, Aquinas' Catena Aurea, Clarke's Commentary, the Fourfold Gospel Commentary, Lightfoot's Commentary on the Gospels from the Talmud and Hebraica, the People's New Testament Commentary, and Spurgeon's Sermons on Proverbs and his Treasury of David.

I think you'll find there are no shortage of good commentaries on the Library CD-ROM. If you want more modern commentaries, you can always add EBC, NIGTC, Pillar, Word, etc.

Hope this helps.

Outside of Library 7 my favorite three are Word Biblical Commentary, New International Biblical Commentary, and Pillar New Testament Commentary. I don't own NIGTC because I have it in print, and there are just too many things I want to add to my library (both virtual and physical) before I buy an electronic edition of that. Same with Keil & Delitzsch. If you're on a tight budget, I'd recommend checking out NIBC for a modern commentary to supplement Library 7. It covers the entire NT, something the other sets don't do (yet).

Here's a question for the Accordance folk: Any update on when 2 Peter/Jude from Pillar NTC will be coming to Accordance? It's been out in print for a while now, and I'm holding out for the Accordance version. I've asked before, but just wondering if there is any news on it. Thanks!

We should be able to get this volume from Eerdmans soon.

Archived