The Word Bible

skip

• 1 month later...

Skip,

I clicked on your link. I haven't seen the Word Bible before but I have had experience with various parallel versions. I see the difference here and I appreciate it.

My question is this: Don't we have the same advantage with accordance simply by opening various translations we have unlocked and refference them side by side in the same viewing pane?

The one advantage I see to this is that we will gain the benefit of getting the entire verse rather than the snippets provided by The Word.

This isn't meant as a criticism of The Word translation; I am a novice to Accordance, I am simply putting in my .02 :)

• 18 years later...

Reviving this thread to see interest.

On 9/25/2005 at 11:58 PM, Dan Morgan said:

Don't we have the same advantage with accordance simply by opening various translations we have unlocked and refference them side by side in the same viewing pane?

It would depend upon whether one of those versions is already in Accordance. Also, I'm thinking that the Bible he is referencing has the translations where they differ to help identify where they vary. Which would save a lot of reading to locate the points of divergence.