Adding a workspace to "My Workspaces"

Randy Cue

I must be doing something wrong. I don't seem to be able to add a workspace to "My Workspaces." When ever I try, I am taken to the save as dialog box and it gets saved to "Accordance files." The workspace does not show up in either "My Workspaces" or as a choice in "Workspaces" on the tool bar. Any suggestions?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Sorry guys, I figured it out. The help file was a little misleading.

Have you tried creating a new workspace, saving it first, and then adding it to the Workspaces via the toolbar icon?

Have you tried creating a new workspace, saving it first, and then adding it to the Workspaces via the toolbar icon?

That's how I finally figured out how to do it. Here is what I found misleading in the help file.

Add the workspace to the My Workspaces category by doing one of the following:

Via the Library: Click Add Item and choose Add Favorite Workspace to add the active workspace.

I cannot find "Add item" anywhere in the Library. Am I just not seeing it, or is it not there?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

That's how I finally figured out how to do it. Here is what I found misleading in the help file.

Add the workspace to the My Workspaces category by doing one of the following:

Via the Library: Click Add Item and choose Add Favorite Workspace to add the active workspace.

I cannot find "Add item" anywhere in the Library. Am I just not seeing it, or is it not there?

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Add item is a bit misleading. What it is referring to is the little plus icon with a tiny down arrow at the bottom-left corner of the Library pane. You'll find the Add Favorite Workspace menu item there. Perhaps it would be helpful to have an image for that particular part of the Help page, or a more clear description as to its location.

Thanks Mr. Conrad. I found it just where you said it would be. Maybe you should write the help file for Accordance :) !

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank you for the comments about the Help. I've updated the topic in question, and that led to something else that I'd overlooked so I was able to update that as well. The corrected Help will be updated on the website in the next few days, and incorporated in the next release of Accordance.

I'm glad you used the Help, and greatly appreciate ALL comments that improve its content.

Let me know if there are any other items that are unclear...

Have a great week!

Deborah

Hi all,

I just wanted to thank you for the comments about the Help. I've updated the topic in question, and that led to something else that I'd overlooked so I was able to update that as well. The corrected Help will be updated on the website in the next few days, and incorporated in the next release of Accordance.

I'm glad you used the Help, and greatly appreciate ALL comments that improve its content.

Let me know if there are any other items that are unclear...

Have a great week!

Deborah

I am sincerely amazed at how rapidly the Accordance team resolves even what seem like the tiniest quirks. Glad we could help!

God bless,

-Tim