Help With Citations

sfarson

Perhaps I am missing a step. Whenever I copy a sentence or paragraph (as citation) from Accordance, Mac or Windows, and paste the text into a working WORD document with footnotes/bibliography, I never see a citation. Just the text I'm copying appears.

Is there something I am not doing? I've looked at the Citation/Bibliography Preferences and have kept them with their default values.

Thanks for any help.

I had a similar question and I did something that now works but unfortunately I cant remember what i did.

Edited by davidmedina

You just need to highlight the text, right click, and then choose "Copy as Citation". A straight Cmd-C or Ctrl-C (Win) just gives you text. Hope this solves it for you

Yeah, that's what I do. I paste the text, but no citation. :wacko:

Yeah, that's what I do. I paste the text, but no citation. :wacko:

Can you provide a specific example of what you are attempting to cite? We're due to add support for some new releases, otherwise it should work.

• Like 1

Are you having trouble copying a text or a tool?

If it is a tool, check your Preferences>Bibliography to see if you have "Insert citation as footnote" selected.

Well, what can I say? Now it is working! Didn't change any settings, just simply copied Bible text and Tool text and when pasting them into Word along came the footnote citations. Last time I tried... nothing. And I did have "Insert citation as footnote" already selected.

Anyway, thanks for responding!

Steve

Edited by sfarson

Glad that it's working for you Steve. By the way, welcome to the forums!