Stop the Sorcerer's Apprentice Function

Enoch

Again, I had to use Force Quit to kill Accordance after I accidentally again triggered the dreaded Sorcerer’s Apprentice function. That happens when in the Library you click on a group word to open its contents. In my case, the word was like "Commentaries on the Whole Bible." When you do that, instead of the category opening and showing what you have in there, it sets off a program to open all your modules in that category, like Mickey Mouse when he tried to get the broom to carry water for him and the broom went wild. When broken, the broom became more brooms carrying water. This Accordance glitch is also called The Atomic Bomb function.

Could you please change the program to not spontaneously trigger a large number of multiple modules.

Edited by Enoch

Hi Enoch,

doesn't happen for me quite the way you say. If I double click on the word that describes a category, it just drops me into the mode that allows me to edit the name of the category. If I double click on the folder icon it opens all the tools in that category. But, that seems to me, to be understandable (though I admit not quite within Apple's normal UI guidelines) as it is a much easier way to open the whole group that to select all the modules in the whole group and the open them.

To see the elements of the group you have the simple expedient of clicking the disclosure triangle (which I know you know).

But even so, when I open all the modules in a group this way, I never have to force quit to get out of it. Accordance calmly and quickly opens all the modules ins tabs and allows me to get on with my work. Are you sure one of the individual modules isn't giving trouble?

Anyway, have a little explore of that and let us know if you find anything. I have never heard of the "dreaded Sorcerer’s Apprentice function" or of the "The Atomic Bomb function".

Finally, with all respect, be judicious of your use of bold case - it looks like you're shouting, (though strictly in netiquette, that is all caps), it a least looks like you are angry. If you are angry, then I am sorry that the issue is causing you ire, but take a breath, count to 10, pray for patience, and then ask your question or tell us your problem when you are less so.

Thanks

Greetings Ken.

I have always thought it was uncouth to criticize incidental matters of font on the internet, also to change the subject to the writer (ad hominem). As a matter of fact I first attempted to compose my proposal here at Accordance, but got a malfunction whereby I could not navigate to the end of the line with this word processor. So, I went to MacWord & composed it there. From there I simply copied & pasted it into the box here. I don't know why the paste came out bold. I noticed it, but I didn't think the font was a significant issue; so I just pasted it. It had nothing to do with any imagined emotional state I might have.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Amen Enoch.

No criticism intended. Apologies for unintended assumptions.