New Workspace causes library to be added to the main workspace window

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

If I have a workspace open with or without the library open (in a zone not popover, if open), and I click File->New Workspace the new workspace window comes up and the main window gets a library pane added to it. If I again open a New Workspace another library pane is added. The new workspace that comes up does not have a library. Perhaps its library is being incorrectly placed. The reason I say this is that if use the new second workspace and do File -> New Workspace from there instead of from the original one then the library is added to the newly create ws not to the one I requested it from.

This is 10.3.4.1 on win 7 x64 and I have the add library to new workspaces pref set.

Thx
D

Daniel,

I can't seem to duplicate your situation. I have tried on a single monitor setup as well as a dual monitor setup. Each time I open a new workspace, that workspace will have a library view (when "Add Library to new workspaces" box is checked in Preferences>Workspaces>Tabs and Zones section).

David

Hi David,

Thanx for trying. I am seeing this on a two monitor setup when the main workspace is on the secondary monitor. What happens then is that the new ws is opened on the main monitor - the laptop screen in my case, and the library is added to the workspace on the attached secondary screen. If I try this with the main ws on the main screen it does not repro.

thx
D

Hi David,

Thanx for trying. I am seeing this on a two monitor setup when the main workspace is on the secondary monitor. What happens then is that the new ws is opened on the main monitor - the laptop screen in my case, and the library is added to the workspace on the attached secondary screen. If I try this with the main ws on the main screen it does not repro.

thx

D

With Accordance on my secondary display (number 1 in the screenshot below), I open a new workspace. That workspace opens on my main display (number 2), and the Library is attached to it. I still can't reproduce your situation. Maybe try unstalling and re-installing your graphic driver, using the latest available for your laptop?

David

post-32602-0-23640600-1390317448_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

I don't think its a driver issue but your suggestion caused me to consider something else. I use this reg hack http://sinewalker.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/ms-windows-focus-follows-mouse-registry-hacks/ to get decent window focus behaviour in windows - by decent I mean like on Linux. One of my greatest irritations with OSX is the lack of this support. Anyhow, this has never caused any problems before and I've been using this since XP. But if I turn this hack off the New Workspace behaviour I describe goes away. As the New Workspace issue is minor and can be worked around I'll continue using the reg hack and live with it. My guess is that there is a window selection issue in the application of the library to the workspace and that my mouse focus is interfering with that in some way. Not an especially serious bug but would be nice to have it fixed of course. But then I'm technically doing a not really supported thing.

Anyhow thanx for the help getting to the bottom of it.

That said I should check for a video driver update anyway - an interaction there is still possible I guess.

Thx

D