Accordance Mac App Store Version Questions

Dr. Nathan Parker

I'm looking at springing for the Mac App Store version of Accordance end of this year or early next since before long, I'm wanting to get into some introductory Greek or Hebrew classes in seminary, and I want to get better acquainted with Accordance before I start taking these classes, but I have just a few quick questions about the Mac App Store version of Accordance.

Does the app itself update over the Mac App Store, or do updates to the app take place through Accordance's built-in updater? Just curious as to how updates work.

When the next major release of Accordance hits, if I wanted to "upgrade" through the Mac App Store, will Accordance offer a standalone app purchase on the Mac App Store, or would I need to re-pay the $199 to "upgrade" to the new version of Accordance? Or by then should I totally foregoe the Mac App Store and purchase all future upgrades directly through Accordance?

Without spilling any beans or leaking any info prematurely, what rough timeframe are we looking at for a next major (purchaseable) upgrade to Accordance? Wondering if I should wait for the next major version to hit or go ahead and spring for the current version later this year/early next. You don't have to give details to ruin any surprises, just curious if a major version is coming "sooner or later".

Is the Mac App Store copy of Accordance Universal or Intel Only? I'm running all Intel now, so I'm all set there, but just curious about it.

Lastly, I've moved back to Arkansas and going to be doing a lot of my seminary work online. Just wondering though, any chance you could bring an Accordance Seminar to Hot Springs, Arkansas, or nearby say maybe next Spring or Summer? I've still yet to attend one (never made it to Atlanta when I was up in North GA), and now that I'm back home, once I jump on a full version, I'd love to get trained on it and be all prepared for what the future of seminary holds.

Thanks a bunch for info!

The time to inquire about your purchase is when you are ready to buy. Since we do not announce our upgrade plans ahead of time, I cannot answer here, but if you inquire by email we will advise you close to the time. However, it has always been our policy to give free and reduced upgrades to any who purchased the previous version recently.

We reserve the right to change the contents and prices of the packages offered in the store and on the website at any time.

The MacApp Store version is updated through the store. Since Apple currently does not have a provision for paid upgrades, the next version upgrade will probably be free. Updates within a version will likely arrive a little later than those on the website. There is also no educational discount on the App Store.

The AppStore version requires Intel and Lion.

Planned seminars and shows are updated on this webpage. You can write to the address there to indicate your interest in having one in your area.

Excellent info. Helps tremendously. Once I get the package fully installed, I'll get to work requesting a seminar in my area. Thanks a bunch!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it's limited to purchasers, but when the next rev comes out I anticipate a big surge in those. The 3 reviews we do have (in three countries) were very positive.

• 2 months later...

Hello, I've been a long-time user of Eloquent (e.g. MacSword) and knew of Accordance for some time but I think it's time to take the plunge and buy Accordance. I have a few questions related to the AppStore question.

If I buy Accordance on the AppStore how do I add add-ons and is would the "Bible Study" add-on cost another $199 or would it cost $150 (e.g. $199 minus $49)? Thanks for your help.

At present you buy any add-ons from our website, and you do get credit for the Starter whether bought on the App Store or our website.