Considering the move to Accordance

Sean R.

I'm a young pastor just beginning full-time ministry. I want to begin building a library of Bible study resources that will serve me for the rest of my ministry

Jean,

I heard this story in a sermon and thought it might put some perspective on your concerns.

Two men were talking. One said to the other, ‘The world is going to be destroyed in 20 billions years.’ The other man started to get very anxious and wanted to get clear on what the first man said and impatiently asked him, ‘What did you say?’ The first man said, ‘I said the world is going to be destroyed in 20 billion years.’ The other man was relieved and said, ‘Whew, you had me worried, I thought you said, 20 million years.’

Peace

Jim P

Sean,

Since technology changes so quickly and Accordance's fate depends on the survival of other companies, it's not easy to promise that Accordance will still be around in the distant future. Will Apple or Microsoft be around in 30, 40, or 50 years? Will we still be using computers as we know them today? Your guess is as good as mine.

That said, I understand the thrust of your question and will do my best to answer it. Accordance is indeed a privately owned (and family owned) corporation, but I believe that can also be said of most other Bible software companies. Do we have a succession plan in place? Yes we do. If we lost our lead programmer, do we have other programmers who would be able to maintain and further develop the software? Yes we do.

Ultimately, there are no guarantees that Accordance will be around forever, but we have made every effort to be prepared for the future. I think that's all anyone can promise.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, David! You did indeed answer my question. Just yesterday I downloaded the Accordance starter package, and today I'm trying to determine which packages to order. I'm really impressed with the program. And as I've read through many entries on this forum, I've become quite impressed with the people developing and marketing Accordance.

Sean,

If you have any questions about which packages you need/want as you begin working with Accordance, be sure to ask here or to call the Accordance folks directly. They are very helpful in that regard. Their primary concern is helping you find the best fit for your needs and budget.

I started with the Introductory level of Library 7 and quickly added the Scholar's Core package because I wanted access to the original language texts. Over the years I've slowly added other modules. I've still got a pretty extensive wish list! As you probably know, the primary collections (Library and Scholar's among others) are on sale this month. There's usually a December sale as well. That's when I've done a lot of my purchasing.

Lorinda

Sean

For your information, the 500 pound gorilla of Bible Software—Logos—is also essentially a family company. As David said, with rapidly changing technology, we have no guarantee than anything man-made will be around in 50 years. The first computer I maintained had a whopping 2 Kb or core memory and a 168 Kb drum memory! When we see how much computers have changed in those 50 years, how can we predict what the next 50 will hold?

Go ahead, purchase Accordance, you will not regret it. Logos Mac is still a long way from prime time. Even then, it will not replace Accordance. I use both extensively, but if I could only have one, it would be Accordance.

Jack

Thanks to David and the others who responded to my initial query. Friday I ordered Library 7 Premier, the Scholar's Core Bundle, and the Atlas. I had already downloaded the Starter package and have been moving some of my personal resources (sermons, Bible study notes, etc.) into Accordance using the User Tool feature. Great feature!

I'm impressed with Accordance

Thanks to David and the others who responded to my initial query. Friday I ordered Library 7 Premier, the Scholar's Core Bundle, and the Atlas. I had already downloaded the Starter package and have been moving some of my personal resources (sermons, Bible study notes, etc.) into Accordance using the User Tool feature. Great feature!

I'm impressed with Accordance

I received my Accordance order yesterday: Library 7 Premier, Scholar's Core Bundle, and the Atlas. Over the last day, I've used Accordance to finish preparing my sermon for this weekend. Here are a few observations:

EXCELLENT PROGRAM

Archived