Change in "Search for selection in same module" shortcut change

derekryanbrown

"Search for selection in the same module changed to option-command F (was command 4)"

This is the change that has occurred with 8.3. This seems like a step backwards to me. The old Command+4 was easily the most used shortcut in Accordance for me. Now it is rather cumbersome (having to hit option+command+F. What's worse is that command+4 doesn't even do anything now! Any chance we can switch this back or make some of the shortcuts customizable?

Also, this new shortcut only searches for the exact same form rather than the root as before. So this isn't even a change, but rather a different shortcut altogether which I'm not very excited about.

We are trying to streamline the commands, but there are always some who object to any change. I agree that option-command-F is a little more cumbersome, but it works the same. Command-4 searched for the lemma, never the root nor the inflected form. I just tested it to be sure. You do now have all those options in the right-click menu.

We are trying to streamline the commands, but there are always some who object to any change. I agree that option-command-F is a little more cumbersome, but it works the same. Command-4 searched for the lemma, never the root nor the inflected form. I just tested it to be sure. You do now have all those options in the right-click menu.

I'm just not sure why the change was made at all. The old shortcut does nothing now, and now a more complicated one is in place. Plus, such shortcut combinations seem to me PC-esque.

Is it possible to go back to the previous version?

We really feel that a new user will find option-command-F more logical (and we also have plans for command-F in the Search window). However, you have brought to light a bug, that it is currently giving the inflected form or the key number rather than the lemma or the word in the new search window. We will correct that.

We really feel that a new user will find option-command-F more logical (and we also have plans for command-F in the Search window). However, you have brought to light a bug, that it is currently giving the inflected form or the key number rather than the lemma or the word in the new search window. We will correct that.

Well that is good news. And I don't want to sound like I dislike Accordance or anything

Archived