Marking text & copy problem

David Wheeler

Does anyone else have the problem of marking text? I have an intermittent issue. If I press and hold the trackpad to mark text, sometimes it works; other times nothing happens. Then I resort to shift-arrow to highlight the text I want to copy.

Also, If I want to copy a reference (for instance) from NET Notes that contains Hebrew; and drop it into my 'user notes'; I cannot 'paste and match style'; I lose the Hebrew. I don't recall this being an issue before 10.1.

I have the same problem intermittently. It only happens in Accordance.

It may be due to conflict with the Instant Details popover. Try disabling "Show Popover on Click and Hold" in Preferences -> Instant Details. You can still see the popover with option-click, even with the click and hold disabled.

Regarding the Hebrew, Paste and Match Style will apply the current style to everything that is being pasted. Since Hebrew is just the Yehudit font, that is why it is being wiped out. You can either not use Paste and Match Style, or you can change the Hebrew content back to Yehudit font. I don't recall any changes being made to this code in 10.0 or 10.1, so I'd imagine this has been consistent for a while. Now, if you are exporting to another word processor in Unicode, then the Hebrew isn't dependent on the Style, so Paste and Match Style won't affect whether or not it is Hebrew.

Thanks Joel.

I've disabled the 'click & hold'. I'll know soon whether or not that fixed it.

When I copy from 'NET Notes' which may include several references to Hebrew, I could swear that I used to copy to 'user notes'; then 'mark all' and change font size (because copy comes over at 16pt). I can't be sure about 'paste & match' but I'll take your word on that. I know it works with Scrivener.

Over the past couple of months I've been trying to use 'user notes' more often. I really wish it were more robust. It would be nice to have all my notes, comments, references, etc., in one place. I work mostly in Scrivener, but it is awkward to jump from one program to another.

-David

David,

You should be able to easily select some text in NET Notes, then paste it normally into a user note. The Hebrew and all other styling will be preserved, but you can also change the font size without losing any other styling. What 'Paste and Match Style' does is match not only the font size, but also the font itself, which is what turns your Hebrew into English.

Thanks, Joel. Changing ID worked & straight copy works fine.