Search button and User Tools

Eoin

I have three User Tools in a group. After reading the blog "The Search Button" I decided it is about time I tried it out. The Search Button does a search on all three User Tools. When I look at the search results two of the tools work fine - selecting the reference takes me straight to the User Tool.

BUT - the third tool brings up an error message "The text XXXX is not currently available to Acccordance". I can't see any obvious differences in the structure of the tool - except that the tool causing the problem is the largest (1.3 M).

I am sorry but I do not follow what you are doing. These tools are in a Search All group, and when you try to search the group one gives an error? Can you open the tool directly? Can you search it directly?

I am sorry but I do not follow what you are doing. These tools are in a Search All group, and when you try to search the group one gives an error? Can you open the tool directly? Can you search it directly?

These tools are in a Search Group (3 tools in one group). All tools open individually - they all search individually.

When doing a search all - clicking on an item in the list from tools 1 and 2 - opens the relevant tool at the appropriate place.

Clicking on an item in the list from the 3rd tool brings up the message "The text XXXX is not currently available to Acccordance". The tool works normally when opened and searched individually. The problem is related to the Search Group command.

Can you email me a copy of the offending tool? I would Zip it first.

This user tool had a long name including a hyphen. It works OK in Search All with a shortened name.

• 1 month later...
This user tool had a long name including a hyphen. It works OK in Search All with a shortened name.

I'm having a similar problem in that whenever I mouseover a New Testament Text reference in one of my user tools I get an error which says, "The text xxxx is not currently available to Accordance". I'm pretty sure this is because my Accordance is trying to load a Hebrew text in the Instant Details box (which works fine for the O.T., but obviously not for the N.T.). I've tried to change the default texts for the resource, but when I do, all of the fonts change for that user tool (Baker's Ascension) and then it will not retain the settings when I restart Accordance.

I think something in the settings may be messed up. I would remove the tool from Arrange Modules, then maybe shorten the name of the module in the Finder (in OS X the tool you are using is in your User/Documents), and add it back, and then try to make the settings work for you.

Archived