How can I change the highlight color when I right click (ie. when doing a search/lookup)?

dlrude

Hi,

When doing a search on a word or a look up the right click makes the word highlight in a dark blue that I find difficult to see through.

How can I change that highlight color?

Thanks, Dave.

I believe you go to "preferences" and then click on either "text" or "tool" (depending on which one you want to modify) and look on the right for the search highlighting color and change according to taste.

Dave, I believe you may be referring to the 'Source Highlighting' color. You can change this in Preferences -> Compare Text

Bob and Joel,

Thanks but that does not do it. :-(

The mouse over color changes with that but the right click changes the color to blue or dark blue.

The color is the same as when I select text by dragging the cursor with left mouse down.

So I guess I need to change the selected text color. Can I do that?

Dave

Edited by dlrude

Ok. I know now what you are talking about and I just checked but I know of no way to change the color of the "select" (when you drag the cursor over the text) highlighting.

I could not find either.

Next best choice is better eyes. :-)

Thanks, Dave.

On Windows 7 you can find it here:

Control Panel -> Personalization

Select 'Window Color' at the bottom, then 'Advanced appearance settings...'. From the dropdown 'Item', choose Selected Items, and you can choose your color.

Whew!

perfect!

thanks!

mine didn't have 'Advanced appearance settings...'. but I found Selected Items"