Sync to dropbox reminder(s)

ryangeer

Is there a way to get Accordance to stop repeatedly asking me about picking up a session from another computer? I understand once when I start but it seems to be asking this over and over again.

Btw, I'm using a windows computer currently.

If you are syncing the current session it will prompt you this way on syncs. If you stop sync'ing the current session I would expect it to stop asking. There is a pref pane for Sync which controls what you sync. But if you want to sync the current session I don't know of a way to turn it off.

Thx

D

I'm not actually "doing" anything--it just prompts on startup. And then keeps prompting. I saw the pref pane and changed it to manual. I'll see if that rectifies the problem. Thanks.

I guess that was the default setting since I don't remember setting that up. But yes, I was auto-syncing. I turned that to manual and it seems to have stopped the repeated dialog box from popping up. But it does seem a little wonky for the app to keep asking over and over, even if it's set to auto--doesn't it?

I was mulling that over and if auto-sync is repeatedly sync'ing when no other device is pushing updates to DropBox that seems odd that it should keep asking you to use a session you've already said you don't wish to open. I don't think that happens when I manually sync. I get prompted the first time and then on further syncs it just uploads my updates. Someone from Acc would need to comment on that but it seems it could be in need of a tweak.

Thx

D

Ryan,

Thank you for the report, it looks like something has changed for automatic syncing of the current session. Even on manual syncing, without changing anything, Dropbox always has a task (should report “Nothing to sync”). When I turned off current session syncing then Accordance was able to complete all tasks.

we will look into the problem,

Mike