Vale Rod Decker

Ken Simpson

I was very saddened to hear that a scholar and friend that I valued enormously went to be with the Lord yesterday after a long battle with cancer.

Rod was a wonderful man, an excellent scholar, and all who knew him were impressed by his deep, humble commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ.

We who remain will grieve, but also rejoice with you Rod as you stand in the presence of your Lord.

Thanks for all your help, your kind wisdom and sharp insights. Thanks for your boundless enthusiasm for Accordance.

Rod we will miss you.

• Like 5

We are indeed sorry to learn this news, not entirely unexpected. Rod was a huge supporter of Accordance for many years. His blog was always worth reading, and his wife has now posted a moving message about his "final promotion".

So sad. His wife's post truly honors the Lord.

Sad, indeed. I've appreciated reading his family's (and his) reflections during his final days.

Parts of his "legacy" are still to come, fortunately for us--this fall (I think) Baker is publishing his full Greek grammar, and then Baylor is going to publish (in two parts!) his Handbook on the Greek Text. May he rest in peace and rejoice greatly!

• 4 weeks later...

I just visited his site and learned that he has passed away...

He was a great man and I admired him for his openness and his willingness to share his life and knowledge.

He is promoted to glory.

What a witness on his site! (http://ntresources.com/blog/).

My thoughts are with his family.