Accordance 9.4 Installer bug

Michael J. Bolesta

Check for Updates correctly identified Accordance 9.4 as an update to Accordance 9.4RC, but the Accordance 9.4 Installer did not instal Accordance 9.4. Relaunching Accordance showed that I still had Accordance 9.4RC, and the Check for Updates again showed Accordance 9.4 as available. Check info in the Application folder confirmed that Accordance was 9.4RC

Running the Accordance 9.4 Installer a second time failed again.

Happily I saved Accordance 9.3.3, so I deleted Accordance 9.4RC, put 9.3.3 in the applications folder and ran the Accordance 9.4 Installer for the third time, and this time it successfully updated me to Accordance 9.4

I had a similar problem, but I deleted the Accordance App and reran the installer and it worked fine then. Curiously, it asked for my unlock code for both attempts. The second attempt I can understand since I had deleted Accordance from the App folder, but the first when the Release Candidate was installed?

Apparently the installer did not ever recognize the Release Candidates. To prevent asking for the code, place your (backed up!) Accordance 9.3.3 back in your Applications folder.

Apparently the installer did not ever recognize the Release Candidates. To prevent asking for the code, place your (backed up!) Accordance 9.3.3 back in your Applications folder.

That is how I did it (and did not have to supply an unlock code; it did not ask me for the unlock for the RC version or for 9.3.3).

Thanks Joel.

Suggestion: apprise folks to save the "old" version" prior to installing a beta.

Shalom,

Michael

My experience was the same. The 9.4RC was not overwritten but 9.3.3 was and the installer did not ask for the unlock code.

Jonathan

Just installed on my second Mac (a MacBook) and I had saved 9.3.3 Acc 9.4 installed without a hitch when I moved 9.33 into the App folder.

For those of us who thought 9.4RC was just so great that we didn't need 9.3.3 hanging around in our applications folder any longer, upgraded our hard drive (which wiped out the previous Time Machine Backup) and now the splash screen is telling me that I still have 9.4RC installed, what's the best way to get the final version of 9.4?

If you can't find a 9.3.3 somewhere, I'd say just remove all Accordances from your Applications folder and run the installer. The search will take a bit, and you'll have to enter the code, but it should install without problem.

If you can't find a 9.3.3 somewhere, I'd say just remove all Accordances from your Applications folder and run the installer. The search will take a bit, and you'll have to enter the code, but it should install without problem.

Thanks Joel. I'll do that now.

Thanks Joel. I'll do that now.

Joel,

I am not trying to be rude as you guys normally do an amazing job. However, to be able to install 9.4 I had to do as you mentioned above. Now I am having to go in and locate ever module I have ever purchased. What folder is everything suppose to be in to be recognized immediately by 9.4. I have never had this problem before when updating in either 8. or 9. This is pretty ridiculous.

Jason

The last user who reported this had installed the Accordance folder to both his hard drive/Library/Application Support, and user//Library/Application Support. He deleted the one that didn't have the modules in it, and all was well.

Are you on 10.7?

The last user who reported this had installed the Accordance folder to both his hard drive/Library/Application Support, and user//Library/Application Support. He deleted the one that didn't have the modules in it, and all was well.

Are you on 10.7?

Yes on 10.7. I installed the update before I install 10.7 however it did not update to 9.4. So I read on hear to delete accordance from applications and try again, which I did. Now I have 9.4 but having to manually install all modules. geez.

Are you on 10.7?

I do not have any files under user, it is all on hard drive.

Try moving the entire folder to User. This helped another user (in New Zealand).

Try moving the entire folder to User. This helped another user (in New Zealand).

where in the user file? I do not have a Library file in the user file.

where in the user file? I do not have a Library file in the user file.

Also, when bring to open easy install I am asked for a file map data that I cannot find on my computer? Help please?

Also, when bring to open easy install I am asked for a file map data that I cannot find on my computer? Help please?

Try this:

Go to your home folder

Select the "Go > Go to folder" menu and type in "library"

Open the Application Support folder and delete the Accordance folder.

It worked for me.

Try this:

Go to your home folder

Select the "Go > Go to folder" menu and type in "library"

Open the Application Support folder and delete the Accordance folder.

It worked for me.

Thanks Andy, I think I am going to go the route of trying to wait till Accordance puts out an update fixing this bug and simply add as I go until then.

Jason

Jason: This is a Lion issue and may take a while to sort out. We don't yet know why it happens to a few users. Maybe it's the beta testers now on Lion who are having to reinstall 9.4 with an unlock code?

Option-click on the Go menu will let you directly open the user/Library and then you can remove the Accordance that got installed there, or move the other one to this location. I will be happy to screenshare with you to help you.

Helen,

I also had problems going from 9.4 Beta (RC) to 9.4 stable.

What I did is restored version 9.33 (I called that file Accordance 9.3.3) from TM.

That way, I did not need to enter a code.

I also had some problems installing the 9.4 after installing Lion. But this problem was that my HD was not seen by the installer.

I reinstalled my rights to the HD and all went fine.

Hans

Jason: This is a Lion issue and may take a while to sort out. We don't yet know why it happens to a few users. Maybe it's the beta testers now on Lion who are having to reinstall 9.4 with an unlock code?

Option-click on the Go menu will let you directly open the user/Library and then you can remove the Accordance that got installed there, or move the other one to this location. I will be happy to screenshare with you to help you.

Yes, I did have to reinstall Accordance. When I tried moving the Accordance folder from the root library to the home library I did not resolve the problem. I had to remove the Accordance folder from the Home/Library.

Maybe it's the beta testers now on Lion who are having to reinstall 9.4 with an unlock code?

Not all of them. My Accordance works fine after updating to Lion. My Accordance support files (provided texts, tools, etc) are installed in /Library/Application Support/Accordance. My user created files (user tools, user texts, etc) seem to be in ~/Documents/Accordance Files

Also, if you want to make the ~/Library folder visible, open up your terminal program, copy and past the line of text below into it and press enter or type the command below at the prompt and your Library folder will once again become visible.

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

At this point a reinstall of 9.4 requires I re-enter the 9.x code. I was a beta tester, but had upgraded prior to Lion. I'm now on Lion.

Helen,

Thanks to Greg for telling me how to make my user/library folder visible again I seem to have solved it at least for the time being. I went ahead and copy/pasted everything from my HD/Library to user/Library accordance folders. However, which one is really the one that I ultimately want to keep. If I delete one and reinstall will it work properly? Which one should I delete if I do so? Thanks for your time.

Jason

You can delete either one and things should work fine. I would rename or move first to test that the other works. Accordance looks in either location, but if it is in both, it does not know which to use.

Archived