Automatic + Export Highlight

Eleuterio

It would be of course very useful if Acc highlighting could be exported to RTF, to be used in a Word Processor like Mellel or Pages.

But best of all: automatic highlighting would be extremely useful.

I mean this: Define a search word search range (e.g., Psalm 49). Then Acc could automatically search for repeated roots within that range and highlight with a special color each one of them in every instance (see attached image as example). post-437-128041755394_thumb.jpg

I am doing this manually now, but I don't see why it couldn't be made by the program. Provided it has a pre-defined (long) set of highlights.

This kind of work helps a lot for research on text structure, semantic fields, etc.

It would be even possible, I guess, do a more complex highlighting, by comparing two different texts (say, Psalm 49 and 73) and highlighting only roots that are common to both of them. This would certainly speed-up our work with texts when dealing with so-called "canonical reading" of texts, for instance.

Any thoughts on this?

• 7 years later...

I must agree. This request makes so much sense, I cannot understand why Accordance has not implemented it.

I have a great deal of money invested in Accordance and wish to support it. Nevertheless, I will be buying Kindle versions of the NIVAC commentary instead of Accordance because the Kindle version supports exporting of highlighting.

(This tells me that the lack of this feature in Accordance is not a copyright issue—otherwise how does Kindle manage it?)