Prefixed prepositions in Hebrew as separate lemmas

Abram K-J

In Obadiah 1, using the same Hebrew text and with the same inflected word, Accordance on a Mac and iAccordance (1.7.1, iPad Mini) behave differently.

On a computer לאדום appears (when I mouse over it, select it, use Instant Details, etc.) as two lemmas, one of which is the prefixed ל.

But on my iPad, I can only select or amplify from לאדום as if it were a single lemma, all run together. The text I'm using is BHS-T, though HMT-W4 behaves the same.

Perhaps this has already been addressed or is a known issue, but is this expected behavior on iOS?

In Obadiah 1, using the same Hebrew text and with the same inflected word, Accordance on a Mac and iAccordance (1.7.1, iPad Mini) behave differently.

On a computer לאדום appears (when I mouse over it, select it, use Instant Details, etc.) as two lemmas, one of which is the prefixed ל.

But on my iPad, I can only select or amplify from לאדום as if it were a single lemma, all run together. The text I'm using is BHS-T, though HMT-W4 behaves the same.

Perhaps this has already been addressed or is a known issue, but is this expected behavior on iOS?

This is known. I believe that when we introduce arbitrary text selection we may have the ability to select part of a word. But, I'd have to refresh my memory on this (or have someone else chime in).

Thanks, Rick--it obviously wouldn't be an issue for Greek (or English), but if a fix is forthcoming for Hebrew, that would be great. I find that even Hebrew prepositions can be versatile enough that I want to look them up in a lexicon sometimes. Current workaround is to amplify to the lexicon from the word, then just select the preposition via the look-up drop-down menu.

• 1 month later...

Yes, this is a much desired missing feature for me, too. The OSX version works perfectly -- not only displaying attached prepositions, but also pronominal suffixes. It would be great if the iOS version could match the OSX version on this.

• Like 1