Installers on CD-ROMs

arnehalbakken

I would like to suggest offering the option of NOT installing Accordance with your CD-ROMs. (Perhaps the installer could determine first if the needed version of Accordance was already on the computer.)

I had spent a lot of time trying to alleviate the font problems introduced on my computer (running OS X 10.3.3. and using Accordance fonts on an application in Classic) by the Accordance 6.9 and 6.9.1 upgrade from 6.8.

When Bible Lands PhotoGuide 2 was installed, the installer did not give the option of installing the PhotoGuide files only. The installer the re-introduced font problems again.

It would be nice to have the option of NOT installing the Accordance application. This is possible on some of your CD-ROMs.

Thanks!

Sorry, Arne!

We are trying to keep the installers a little simpler. They do not reinstall the program if they see you have the current version, but they do install the full set of fonts on OS X. I suggest you keep the Font Fixer utility at hand and run it after you install any CD-ROM.

We are trying to keep the installers a little simpler. They do not reinstall the program if they see you have the current version, but they do install the full set of fonts on OS X. I suggest you keep the Font Fixer utility at hand and run it after you install any CD-ROM.

Perhaps you could have a simple install and a custom install option. The custom install could include the application only (for those with limited hard drive space) or the files needed for that particular Accordance component.

I'll have to remember to use Font Fixer after running installations. However, it hadn't helped with my initial font problems and didn't seem to remove the Accordance fonts.

I had to do multiple restarts of the computer and used Font Book, following the instructions from your pdf file. Eventually, I had to remove manually the various fonts and run the installer again.

Besides running Accordance on OS X 10.3.3, I was using a word processor in Classic, a post-script printer in Classic, and a "regular" printer in OS X with my laptop.

Accordance had been very stable for me with version 6.8 and earlier.

Archived