User Notes and Tools 9.5.1

Getinthebible

Thanks in advance for your time, as well as any help or input.

My friend just bought Accordance 9.5.1. While trying to figure things out on his own he managed to delete the my notes file and the my tool file. I sat down with him and was trying to help him get started using Accordance. We were not able to create a user tool or a user note file. I found a workaround on this forum. (Link to forum)

The work around mentioned in the other topic requires having a working file to rename, which he does not have. Every effort that I tried caused Accordance to completely crash when we tried to update (edit) the new user note or tool.

Is there a way to help him get a user note or tool file going?

Thanks again for your time and any ideas or help you may have.

RHale

So sorry for the hassles. We hope to release the fix for this and other bugs in a matter of days. In the meantime, you should find the Sample Tool and Sample Notes actual files in the user/Documents/Accordance files, and be able to work with them.

Thanks in advance for your time, as well as any help or input.

My friend just bought Accordance 9.5.1. While trying to figure things out on his own he managed to delete the my notes file and the my tool file. I sat down with him and was trying to help him get started using Accordance. We were not able to create a user tool or a user note file. I found a workaround on this forum. (Link to forum)

The work around mentioned in the other topic requires having a working file to rename, which he does not have. Every effort that I tried caused Accordance to completely crash when we tried to update (edit) the new user note or tool.

Is there a way to help him get a user note or tool file going?

Thanks again for your time and any ideas or help you may have.

RHale

Copy one from your mac until Accordance releases the fix.

Thank you guys for your input.

Helen, I appreciate the admittance that this is a problem with the Accordance update and your efforts to fix it as soon as you can. I have some programing background and understand how complicated these issues can be. As well as how easily this kind of thing can happen. You all at Oak tree, in my opinion, do an amazing job. It is refreshing to deal with people of integrity. Thank you.

For anyone else dealing with this problem, I found that I could create a computer to computer network with the problem computer and my computer. (A Google search will turn up numerous directions for how to do this.) Then I just copied one of my tools into the user tool file within the Accordance file folder. I used the library widow to add a module and chose the copied file. This worked well for me. I made a few blank files to help him get started.

Hopefully this can help someone else until 9.5.2 comes out.

Thanks again for your quick responses.

RHale

Any timeline on the 9.5.2 fix for User tools?

The pre-release is available here.

Hellen, if we install the Pre-release do we need to re-install it when the normal release comes out? Will Accordance even detect that there is a new release of 9.5.2 if we install the Pre-release?

Thanks for the pre-release! Works great! User Module creation restored! :)

Archived