Four finger gesture (--> right) while using Accordance

Chuck Schneider

I don't know why I have become the weather man in my household, but, each day before we all get ready for work/school, the family asks me what the weather will be like that day.

The answer to everybody's question is usually only a four finger gesture away, except, if Accordance is running (and active).

For some reason, when Accordance is running, using the four finger gesture (direction right) gives me only a brief moment to view any widgets. The window snaps back so quickly that the weather widget doesn't even have time to update before it's gone.

If I gesture direction left, the next app appears and remains without any sudden return to Accordance.

Edited by Chuck Schneider

I just tried it myself, and my dashboard stays put just fine if i move from Accordance. When I've had the "snap back" thing happen with Dashboard in the past, it's always seemed to be related to an app needing/wanting my attention for something: a file I wanted to open has finished opening, a file has finished downloading, an alert window has come up, etc. I'm wondering if there is something specific to your setup that has Accordance thinking it needs you back?

For me, the dashboard stayed fine as long as Accordance wasn't the active window.

For example, if I had just used Chrome or TextWrangler or something else just before my gesture, the dashboard showed up and stayed.

However, if I had just used Accordance or just clicked on one of the Accordance workspaces (so that it was the active window), the dashboard would snap back to Accordance.

Hey, Chuck — I had the same thing happen consistently in the past. I use Spaces, and when Accordance is in Space 1 it would happen. So I moved it to Space 2, reserving Space 1 for Mail, Safari, Newsfire, iTunes, and I stopped having the problem. I just tried Accordance in Space 1 again, and the problem still exists. At least there's an easy fix!