What's the asterisk doing? :)

Amy

I've a question out of curiosity.

Anyone knows what the asterisk beside the book name is about (i.e. "*JPS" in the screenshot)? :)

It seems to be there in all book names but may not be conspicuous because it may be obliterated by the first letter of the book name. :)

Regards, Amy

I've seen this too sometimes. Others have reported the Search term being overwritten on top of the text name, so I suspect this is that bug, but when there has not been a search, so that the default '*' is the search term.

And if anybody has a reproducible case of how this occurs I would love to hear about it so it can get fixed. I haven't been able to reproduce this one myself.

Scott.

For me, this is easy to reproduce. Open the Library, pick a text or tool, when you return to the main screen, the asterisk is there. The issue is that it is very hard to see with many texts/tools because it is overlaid on another letter. But if you pick a text/tool with a name starting with 'A' (AFL-E, AGL-T, Athanasius) it is quite obvious.

I'm running Accordance 1.02, on iOS 4.2.1 on an iPad, but the same thing happens on my iPhone 4 (4.2.1/1.02) but it's even harder to see if you don't use a text starting with 'A'.

Hope this helps.

For me, this is easy to reproduce. Open the Library, pick a text or tool, when you return to the main screen, the asterisk is there. The issue is that it is very hard to see with many texts/tools because it is overlaid on another letter. But if you pick a text/tool with a name starting with 'A' (AFL-E, AGL-T, Athanasius) it is quite obvious.

Ah. It is there. I just never noticed it before. That will be easy to fix.

Thanks for the report.

Scott.

Ah. It is there. I just never noticed it before. That will be easy to fix.

Thanks for the report.

Scott.

Thanks for fixing it. :)

Archived