User Notes in 8.4.3

Kogame

Since the latest update to 8.4.3 I am having a problem with the user notes window. When I edit a user note, the window opens with a very low width and high height. The "Update" button is not displayed (see attached screen shot). Every time I have to make the window wider until the button appears and only then can I update. However, the next time I open the user note window, it appears again in the original condition. Does anybody else have that problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance,

Wolfgang

When you're editing or adding to a User Note file which is open, the edit window automatically scales to the size of your User Note pane. This feature (which I greatly appreciate) gives the user the illusion of directly editing the User Note in the display pane. In your case, your User Note display pane is quite narrow, hence the reason for the narrow, same-sized edit window. To avoid resizing the edit window merely to access the update button, you could simply use the key command command+s to update your User Note file.

The Edit window will continue to open as before if you do not have a user note pane open in the front tab, i.e. if you open it from the text (where there is no parallel user note pane) or from a user note window.

Thank you for your responses. I think I see what you mean.

What bugs me is that this did not happen in the previous version. I want the User Notes pane narrow, so that I can have a good overview. When editing, I wanted to have a wider separate window. This worked fine in 8.4.2. CMD + S works of course, but the advantage of the Update button is that it also automatically closes the window.

OK, I guess I have to live with the work around of either making my user notes pane wider or manually closing the windows after saving.

Archived