searching in BDAG

Richard Liantonio

I'm trying to do a search in the BDAG module for references to verbs taking their object in genitive or dative. It is frequently marked as "w. gen. of person," "w. gen. of pers," "w. dat. of pers.," etc. The abbreviations are underlined and hypertexted and show what the abbreviation stands for in Instant Details. However, when I try to search for the phrase "w. dat. of pers" I do not get any hits with any of the search options (e.g., "English gloss," "English content," "abbreviations," etc.). Is there any way to do this search?

Thanks so much!!

Peace,

Richard Liantonio

One way of constructing your desired search is to highlight the phrase in BDAG that you would like to search. Then, you can amplify it to BDAG through the Resource Pallette.

I'm trying to do a search in the BDAG module for references to verbs taking their object in genitive or dative. It is frequently marked as "w. gen. of person," "w. gen. of pers," "w. dat. of pers.," etc. The abbreviations are underlined and hypertexted and show what the abbreviation stands for in Instant Details. However, when I try to search for the phrase "w. dat. of pers" I do not get any hits with any of the search options (e.g., "English gloss," "English content," "abbreviations," etc.). Is there any way to do this search?

Thanks so much!!

Peace,

Richard Liantonio

Punctuation is not searchable in tools, so you need to use an asterisk character. Try this:

post-5629-051479000 1323184689_thumb.png

One way of constructing your desired search is to highlight the phrase in BDAG that you would like to search. Then, you can amplify it to BDAG through the Resource Pallette.

Good point to piggy back on my screen shot. Simply highlighting "w. gen. of person" and then clicking the magnifying glass icon in the resource palette will automatically format the search with the asterisks.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I am always floored by the quality and speed of the customer service I receive through this forum!

Thanks again!

Archived