OK, I know this is probably a dumb question but . . . (photo)

Julia Falling

Hey -

I have enjoyed seeing pictures of you all when you post. I've been a mysterious profile now for more than 8 years. I'm finally getting around to trying to add one to my profile and can't seem to get it done. Did a search of the forums, but the only post was 2007 and Joel mentioned an avatar. Can't find a thing in My Profile or Settings re: avatar.

Would one of you tell me how to do this?

Thanks,

Julie in Upper NE Tennessee

Here's how to add a photo:

In the top right hand corner of the page, click on your account name listed next to the Sign Out tab. From the drop down menu, select My Profile. When your profile page loads, hover your cursor over the top left corner of the default image (the silhouette currently displayed on all your posts). You should see a Change button appear; click it, and you'll be on your way to uploading an image.

Hope this helps.

Sean -

Thanks for your reply. That's what I've tried. I've shrunk the image down to 157 KB, 240X290. Is that still too big? I always get the "Failed to set a new photo" message. Is there some trick?

Thanks,

Julie

There's a picture there now Julie!

• 2 months later...

This is pretty funny, I am having a similar problem to Julie's problem. Is there some sort of a trick to getting the picture thing correct? Sorry, I feel like a dork asking such a rudimentary question about my profile...

I also felt pretty dorky, or just plain dumb. I had to keep reducing the size of the picture file until Accordance would accept it. I think I used Preview.

Good luck. It really is frustrating. It's not like everyone was clamoring to see a picture of an old lady. I just didn't want to be so anonymous.

Thanks Julie, appreciate the attempt at some help. I've tried many times, many different sizes, many different quality levels... I've used Photoshop and Preview... No clue how to get this done. Weird...

Can you try attaching the image here, so we could take a look at it, maybe diagnose what is wrong?

Also, try it once more, I just edited a minor setting that may fix your problem.

Joel, I don't know what you adjusted, but that did the trick (as you can see to the left). I really appreciate the assist, many thanks!

Happy to help! Sorry about the troubles with the board.

• Like 1