Link from a User tool to another User Tool not working in IOS

Steve King

I have some links I have set up in a user tool. If the link is to an accordance tool it works. However if the link is to another user tool (or to somewhere in the same user tool) you get the message

'This hyperlink cannot be shown because the module "Module Name" is not installed'

This used to work until I updated the user tools for version 10.3.

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know that this is still an issue in version 1.7 for IOS.

If you have a link from one user tool to another user tool it gets the error as shown below

post-30494-0-44173100-1387648545_thumb.png

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue when trying to open a hyperlink from one User Tool to another User Tool. I get the message: "This hyperlink cannot be shown because the module (module name) is not installed."

The hyperlink(s) work fine on Accordance for Mac, but not on Accordance for iOS (version 1.7.3).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Steve and Max,

I am sorry that there wasn't a reply to your post. I suspect the the hyper link is looking for the module without a file extension (which was added in 10.3).

Version 1.7.4 is in development and has several fixes for the file extension upgrades from version 10.3 on the desktop. We will make sure the hyperlink from one User Tool to another User Tool issue is addressed.

Max, do you want to wait for 1.7.4 (several weeks) or do you want to try to workaround this limitation?

Thank you for the feedback.

Mike

Mike:

Thank you very much!

I did attempt to make a hyperlink to a User Tool module without the .acc7 extension, but that didn't work either. I would be interested to try a workaround, but I'm also happy to wait for 1.7.4 as well.

Thanks for your help!

Max

Max,

I reverted to 1.7.3 (the release) and also had trouble with a hyperlink to a User Tool without the acc7 extension (the basis of my workaround). The search was performed but still gave an errant message. So, at this point, I am not sure there is a good workaround, and we will have to wait for 1.7.4.

Thank you again for pointing this bug out,

Mike

The fix will be much appreciated because there is one user tool I use regularly on IOS which uses links to another user tool.

This issue should be resolved in the next release of the iOS app.