Can't customize Readability theme for the Reading mode

Guntis

If I click on any commentary text and then press Ctrl+R, Accordance opens that commentary in the Reading mode, but I don't like the background color and font. But I cannot customize it. As soon as I press Command+T to customize it, Accordance exits Reading mode and offers me to customize commentary display settings in the main workspace window. Could you please let me customize themes independently from the workspace? Let me save them as I like them. (There could be a Default button to reset any theme). I'd be happy if I could customize any theme and use it wherever I like.

Edited by Guntis
  • Like 1

Guntis, I know we've had a lot of requests to change themes, save custom themes, etc. Its on our list to do at some point, don't worry!

However, in the meantime, if you go to Preferences -> Reading/Search All, you can uncheck 'Use Readability Theme' for Reading mode, so that it will retain whatever custom theme choices you have for your tool. That way you can set up the background color or font just as you like it.

• Like 1

That's exactly what I did! Thanks!

I hope theme customization will come sooner rather than later. Although if I could vote, I'd choose highlighting overhaul first.

• 4 months later...

I would also like the ability to be able to save custom themes.