Hard Disk Problem-not Accordance

Dieudonne

Dear friends, I know this is not at all an Accordance issue, but I am wondering whether any of you can help me with it. My SSD Hard disk has an unused space on it, as shown in the picture. I have tried resizing the Macintosh SSD but it gives me the error message "Partition failed with error: Couldn't modify partition may because file system verification failed." Please help!

post-30090-0-86217900-1405189204_thumb.png

post-30090-0-76534700-1405189216_thumb.png

Edited by Dieudonne

It sounds like you need to go two tabs to the left to 'First Aid' and Verify the Disk. If there are problems, I believe you need to boot to your recovery drive (hold Command-R on boot, I think. See http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718), open Disk Utility there, and then you should be able to fix any problems the First Aid finds.

Joel, I just tried that but it did not resolve the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks though!

So when you verify the disk, and the disk permissions, both come up as completely ok?

This is what I see, but when I hold the "Command-R" it still boots normally to my login Screen

post-30090-0-45244400-1405195641_thumb.png

So you definitely have a problem that needs to be repaired. I'm not entirely sure why you can't boot into recovery mode, what OS are you running, and did you follow the instructions on the linked Apple Support page?

Do you think it would help if I reinstall Mavericks?

The problem is with your hard drive, not your OS. You could wipe your hard drive (which removes any issues) and start clean, but thats a whole lot of time and hassle. Your best bet is to find some way to boot up on another drive (like the Recovery partition) and then just fix the drive.