Searching a greek phrase

Emanuel Cardona

How to search:

(lemma of phrase =) Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦis that also includes (lemma of phrase =) Χριστοῦis Ἰησοῦ.

Notice the different order of the words in the phrase.

ιησους <AND> <WITHIN 1 Words> χριστος will get both orders.

This will get the genitive inflected forms : "Ἰησοῦ" <AND> <WITHIN 1 Words> "χριστου"

Thx

D

ιησους <AND> <WITHIN 1 Words> χριστος will get both orders.

This will get the genitive inflected forms : "Ἰησοῦ" <AND> <WITHIN 1 Words> "χριστου"

Thx

D

Excellent! Thank you so much!

Is there a way to have the concordance list all the different inflections and the different order of the phrase? My concordance only lists that Ἰησοῦς occurs 229 and Χριστός occurs 229 (with all the references cited for both). It does not go into specifics.

You want to pull up the Analysis instead of Concordance. From there, select Set Analysis Display from the gear menu and you'll be given a wonderful little box. In this box, drag and drop the INFLECT item into your column. However, this whole dialog is very powerful, so I recommend clicking the (?) button to see the help for how to use it.

You want to pull up the Analysis instead of Concordance. From there, select Set Analysis Display from the gear menu and you'll be given a wonderful little box. In this box, drag and drop the INFLECT item into your column. However, this whole dialog is very powerful, so I recommend clicking the (?) button to see the help for how to use it.

That has been helpful. What about a concordance of a phrase instead of just a word, an actual concordance instead of just the number of occurrenceses of a phrase?

You would have to create a concordance of a phrase by searching for it in the Search tab.

You would have to create a concordance of a phrase by searching for it in the Search tab.

I just tried searching using the Search tab and the program shut down. It did the same thing when I was adjusting the Set Display Analysis. It there a reason why Accordance it shutting down unexpectedly?

There is certainly a reason, but without further information we cannot know what it is. Is it repeatable on a specific search? If so, what text and what and how are you searching?

There is certainly a reason, but without further information we cannot know what it is. Is it repeatable on a specific search? If so, what text and what and how are you searching?

One of the ways it shuts down:

(I am writing this while I am actually doing it on Accordance now) I open up a workspace that only has Reina-Valera 1960 con Strong (Spanish). Then I search: I type "palabra" and press enter. I then look up concordance and click on it. Then the program shuts down. When I open the program back up, it tells me "Accordance crashed or was no quit properly the last time it was used. Would you like to recover the most recent autosaved session?" I click yes and then I try to set up the same workspace and do it all over again. Except this time, the program does not shut down.

On the last post, I also wrote that the program shut down (two times), yet not the same situation. When you had posted "You would have to create a concordance of a phrase by searching for it in the Search tab." I then typed ιησους <AND> <WITHIN 1 Words> χριστος (I am just following exactly the posts on here because those are the steps I took). The text was Greek New Testament (tagged). When I did that, the program shut down. Right after that I placed a post that the program shut down.

Sometimes the shutdown it repeatedly when I attempt to do the same steps, while at other times it does not shut down the second time. But unexpectedly while working further along, it shuts down. This has not happened before downloading Accordance 11. I also posted another topic concerning an issue with Accordance 11 right after downloading it, yet did not received a response from someone from Accordance. I am a little worried because I just purchased Accordance earlier this week and had made a committment to make some payments over a period of time, and after downloading Accordance 11, I have been having problems.

Windows edition: Windows VistaTM Home Premium

Model: HP Pavilion dv6000 (GA378UA#ABA)

Processor: Intel® Core™ Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

Memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System type: 32-bit Operating System

Local Disk (C:): Used space: 89.387.54.576 bytes 83.2 GB

Free space: 61.924.671.488 bytes 57.6 GB

Username: hno.emanuel.cardona

Hey ya,

I tried your test case quickly on Win and Mac, though I had to use the 1909 version of Reina-Valera as I do not have the 1960. But it did not fail on either platform. But your symptoms make me wonder if the search is the cause. Random intermittent failures have been noted when auto-syncing to dropbox has been enabled, though I cannot recall if Win was affected. Are you auto-syncing to DB ?

thx

D

Emanuel: We will certainly get to the bottom of the crashes on your system. However, we may need to see what is happening there by screensharing. Someone who knows more about the Windows systems than I do will contact you directly. It may be best to download TeamViewer so that they can look at your computer. However, it is the weekend, and we are all very busy answering all the questions about version 11, so I cannot promise that you will be contacted before Monday.

Hey ya,

I tried your test case quickly on Win and Mac, though I had to use the 1909 version of Reina-Valera as I do not have the 1960. But it did not fail on either platform. But your symptoms make me wonder if the search is the cause. Random intermittent failures have been noted when auto-syncing to dropbox has been enabled, though I cannot recall if Win was affected. Are you auto-syncing to DB ?

thx

D

Hi my friend,

I am not auto-syncing to DB (as far as I can tell). I do not have DB at the moment. I am so sorry I can't be of great help, and it does not help that I am new with Accordance. I just get on Accordance to do some basic word searching and then one time it shut down when I clicked enter. The other few times were when I clicked on Concordance to see the results of my basic search and when I clicked on Anaylisis, and was trying to adjust the Set Display Analysis.

Emanuel: We will certainly get to the bottom of the crashes on your system. However, we may need to see what is happening there by screensharing. Someone who knows more about the Windows systems than I do will contact you directly. It may be best to download TeamViewer so that they can look at your computer. However, it is the weekend, and we are all very busy answering all the questions about version 11, so I cannot promise that you will be contacted before Monday.

Okay, thank you so much. I just downloaded TeamViewer so whenever someone is able to work on it, I will provide the Username and Password.

Hi,

Please contact us in support so that we can try to correct this situation for you. You can call us at 407-339-0266, email us at support@accordancebible.com or Skype us at: oaktreesupport.

Best wishes,

Billy