PDF

Morgan

I recently found out that the Nook by Barnes & Noble can read any PDF documents. I would imagine Kindle either has this functionality or will have it soon. Does anyone know if it's possible to create a PDF document out of an Accordance resource to be read on this kind of device? I'm thinking of things like Grudem's Systematic Theology or other resources that would be nice to read on a eReader type of device.

I know that Oak Tree is working on an iPhone/iPad app at the moment, but in the event that I would like to skip the $500-830 price tag and just have an eReader, I was hoping someone might have a way to convert Accordance docs into PDF or the other file types supported by the Nook (see screenshot). Any ideas?

Morgan

post-30064-12667125667_thumb.png

On Mac you can print any document to a PDF file in any program. Thus you can print Accordance files to PDF files. Accordance will warn you that this will be a large number of pages, and that you may be violating the copyright restrictions of the publisher. As long as you are doing this for your own use, from a module that you own, there is no legal problem. Of course, you may not distribute copies of copyrighted works, whether hard copies or PDF.

Publishers have naturally been concerned that making their books available electronically will facilitate piracy and illegal copying. Indeed, it cannot be entirely prevented, but we appeal to the conscience of each user to respect the rights of the owners of the original works and the etexts.

Thank you so much Helen. I am debating which device to purchase between a Kindle, Nook, or an iPad. It's good to know that my Accordance resources will work on all 3 devices. Thanks again!

I bought my mom a Nook instead of Kindle because of its more open approach to file formats. The way the Nook handles PDF's is superior, and it can read ePub format, which surely Kindle will have to at some point.

Archived