opening scripture window from tool module

danzac

This seems like a simple thing but I can't figure it out. When I'm reading a dictionary article or grammar, lexicon, etc., and I click on a linked scripture verse, a new tab is opened up for the verse, but it is a tab that isn't exactly a normal text tab. It doesn't have the search field and "word" and "verses" buttons, etc.

Is there a way to get linked scripture verses in my tools to automatically open in a new "full" text tab? I don't quite understand why these slightly stripped windows appear instead.

Thanks, Danny

This seems like a simple thing but I can't figure it out. When I'm reading a dictionary article or grammar, lexicon, etc., and I click on a linked scripture verse, a new tab is opened up for the verse, but it is a tab that isn't exactly a normal text tab. It doesn't have the search field and "word" and "verses" buttons, etc.

Is there a way to get linked scripture verses in my tools to automatically open in a new "full" text tab? I don't quite understand why these slightly stripped windows appear instead.

Thanks, Danny

Hi, Danny!

This new window is linked to your tool, though you can modify it. Check "all text" if you would like to see the selected passage in its context. you can also add additional panes to it, so you can compare texts. You can also choose to reuse the same window each time (make sure the green "recycle" arrows are showing in the upper right corner of the window) or click them off to save the contents of the window.

See Accordance Help > Digging Deeper > The Text Window for more information.

Danny:

The text window is designed only to display the text, not for searching. If you really want to see the reference in a full Search window, you'll have to amplify from the reference in the text window to the text of your choice.

Of course, Instant Details displays the text of the reference in the tool for you.

Danny:

The text window is designed only to display the text, not for searching. If you really want to see the reference in a full Search window, you'll have to amplify from the reference in the text window to the text of your choice.

Of course, Instant Details displays the text of the reference in the tool for you.

So am I right in saying that there is no way to have a double-click act as amplify?

Right, a scripture reference in a tool can only be amplified by clicking on it, or in Instant Details. I think that this was originally intended to keep things simple. Now, of course, that we have many ways to do the same thing, this could be seen as a limitation, but no-one has complained about it before (to my recollection).

Archived