Printer Problem (Windows)

Harvey

When I try to print, I get an error message saying that I need to install a printer. I have printers (a laser printer and a PDF printer) installed on my computer, but Accordance doesn't seem to recognize them as installed. Any advice?

Hi Harvey,

I just tried this and it works ok for me. Am I right in assuming that other things print ok from the machine ?

And are you trying to select a bit of text and print selection or just trying to print a whole thing ? Incidentally either works for me.

And what exactly is the text of the message you get ?

Thx

D

When I click on "Print," I get this message: "This window cannot be printed, since one or more panes will be too narrow. Adjust print margins by use of 'Print Settings...' or 'Page Setup...' in the 'File' menu."

When I click on "Page Setup," I get the message: "Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to insall a printer. Do you want to install a printer now?"

I will attach a snapshot of the "Print Settings" selection page.

post-31739-0-87854700-1383844923_thumb.jpg

Hi Harvey,

I've tried a bunch of different things but cannot reproduce a case where Acc complains the content won't fit the printed page.

That said I am wondering about the printers apparently not being visible. Presumably if you select a bit of text and do print selection you will end up with a similar issue related to the unrecognised printers even if you don't get a message about the width of the output. Do you ?

Otherwise I wonder if you have some sort of permissions issue seeing the printer. I'm not especially hopeful that this is the issue but double check I guess. Is the printer enabled for use by the Accordance user ? You can check the printer properties from the Devices and Printers part of the control panel, right click on the printer and select Printer properties, then select the security tab of the printer dialog. Mine is set to Print allow for everyone. I don't know exactly what win version you are on so I don't know how they would be setup there. But in Win7 if I deny print priv to everyone I still see the printer in the Acc print dialog but cannot print to it.

Thx

D

I checked, and the printer is set to print for everyone.

I am running Windows 7.

Really odd then Harvey. I am running out of ideas on this one.

At this point getting hold of someone from tech support at Acc, perhaps to screen share and poke about in your setup is probably the best way forward. Clearly something is messed up somewhere but its really hard to see it from a distance.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Thx

D