Request for Podcasts

circuitrider

Dr. J has done a great job on the Podcasts! I would like to request some more podcasts on construct searches and complex word searches using the Commands menu.

Thanks!

Dr. J has done a great job on the Podcasts! I would like to request some more podcasts on construct searches and complex word searches using the Commands menu.

Thanks!

DITTO

• 2 months later...

If there is a better place to post "Podcast requests" please let me know.

I will begin preaching through the book of Hebrews in a few weeks. Could you do a podcast for those beginning to study a particular book of the Bible. A few possible ideas along those lines is: 1) How to produce an Gk/Heb vocabulary list in frequency order. This will provide a good idea of some of the major themes in the book as well as point one to what words will need a little more time for word studies. 2) How to find all the different introductions and outlines in the various resources provided in study Bibles, Bible dictionaries and various other resources for a particular book. 3) How to set up a "defined range" for word studies in a particular book. For example if one is studying the book of Luke that person may want to set up a defined range for word studies which will include not only the book of Luke but also Acts. 4) Finally, show how all this can be set up into a favorite workspace specifically prepared for the study of that particular book.

I'm sure you guys will think of other things which I have not considered. Please include these!! Thanks for your continued support.

This is a great idea for a podcast! I like it and will put it into the schedule.

• 7 months later...

Dr J,

I can't wait for more podcasts covering the cool new features in accordance 10. Would you ever consider doing a live webinar for accordance users? I know many people would love to be able to see you do a Bible study live in Accordance, as well as be able to ask you questions as you do it. Having the possibility of interaction via webinar would be awesome, and it would give us more access to accordance power users than just the infrequent training seminar days. Thanks!!

Would you ever consider doing a live webinar for accordance users? I know many people would love to be able to see you do a Bible study live in Accordance, as well as be able to ask you questions as you do it. Having the possibility of interaction via webinar would be awesome, and it would give us more access to accordance power users than just the infrequent training seminar days. Thanks!!

+1

Oh dear! Dr. J started with webinars but the technology just didn't support it. It was a huge headache, and he had to give up and go for the podcasts. I doubt he ever wants to hear the word again.

Webinars work great for corporate to corporate use, or even company to single user. The real problems started for us when we enrolled many users in a single webinar, from all over the world and with varying download speeds, and allowed everyone to participate. After all, live participation is the real advantage of the webinar format. Synchronous communication rapidly became nonsynchronos, with everyone having very different amounts of delay. Waiting for the slowest connections to update took forever.

I suppose allowing users to text questions, instead of using telephone lines or VOIP would help, but in that case we might as well have people write in and ask questions. In fact, I'd be happy to dedicate a podcast to answering user questions, from time to time.

What do you think? Do you have enough questions we could just have a Q&A format for a podcast?

Q&A is a good idea, but a large degree that need is addressed by this forum.

Webinars work great for corporate to corporate use, or even company to single user. The real problems started for us when we enrolled many users in a single webinar, from all over the world and with varying download speeds, and allowed everyone to participate. After all, live participation is the real advantage of the webinar format. Synchronous communication rapidly became nonsynchronos, with everyone having very different amounts of delay. Waiting for the slowest connections to update took forever.

I suppose allowing users to text questions, instead of using telephone lines or VOIP would help, but in that case we might as well have people write in and ask questions. In fact, I'd be happy to dedicate a podcast to answering user questions, from time to time.

What do you think? Do you have enough questions we could just have a Q&A format for a podcast?

I think that's a winning idea. I plan on attending a seminar in Toronto in September (thanks for coming up North, btw! :D). But, I'm sure there are a lot of questions for that specifically. Maybe if you had a pinned topic in Feature Requests that would work (podcasts are kind of similar to a 'feature', right? :P). Or even a forum for it...

My $0.02. :)