Setting Accordance Search Results

John Murphy

I searched through the forums (and my Accordance manual) and haven't found the answer to this question. For purposes of Bible reading, I like to have my English text in paragraphs without book titles. However, when I do a search, it is a little confusing if I don't have the book and reference in the search results. Is there a way to set Accordance so when I do a search the book and reference come up along with the text, if I have my text set to not show the book title? I realize I can use Display/Show Text As for a rapid change, but am wondering if this is possible without switching on the fly.

Thanks for any help. I LOVE Accordance (new user). Great product! Forums are also very helpful. I've solved a lot of questions by searching through them. Thanks to everyone who posts!

John:

Welcome to Accordance!

No there is only one default setting for each text. I suggest that you save a workspace or a session with the two windows, each with their own setting, one for reading and the other for searching the Bible.

Accordance remembers the display settings for different tabs in one window displaying the same text. In other words, you could have the same translation open side by side, one tab showing the text in paragraphs without book names, and the other with book names. Searching will highlight both, but at least the two panes will scroll in sync so you can quickly see where you are by looking at the one with full references, then switching for reading. See the screenshot:

post-72-1162226389_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the information JP and Helen (and screenshot - that is very helpful)!

John

Archived