Possibility of getting the New Interpreter's Bible

David Hunt

It's a bit disappointing but thanks…I will inquire in the new year… Good luck on getting them.

-Dan

• 3 months later...

Yea, Happy New Year… Where's my New Interpreter's Bible… :wub:

DAN

Seriously though any idea when we might hear about the NIB?

-dan

Where's my New Interpreter's Bible…

It's becoming Old Interpreter's Bible :-(

It's becoming Old Interpreter's Bible :-(

True enough but still there best commentary out there I have seen all in all. But I will say if you combined Pillar and Brazo together i might say that together was pretty good. But both those series are pretty incomplete and indeed no one has the OT Apollos volumes electronically yet...

-Dan

Edited by DWFrancis

• 1 month later...

Any progress at all on getting the NIB???

-Dan

Yes, an important stage has just passed and we look forward to working on these modules from Abingdon very soon. Our developers have plenty of things to work on, though, so so I cannot yet offer any suggestion of a release date.

• Like 1

Thank you for the good news… hope they get here soon but realize it is on a long list of things being worked on.

-Dan

• 1 month later...

Any news on when we might be seeing this??? Before years end???

-Dan

No news other than what Helen already said. Given the sheer size of this resource and the number of other current projects underway we will not be making any public announcements on when it might be finished until it is actually finished (or very nearly so). Thanks!

Thanks… i understand things always come up, and someone says "Should be done by October 2013" and then people take it WILL BE out then, and a 5 month delay pops up over difficulties and then people get upset. I won't ask again for several months… thanks for the quick reply.

-Dan

• 4 weeks later...

I know it's only been a few weeks, and I see from another post Anchor is your top priority, but I was wondering if the NIB is being worked on yet?

-dan

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, very good news indeed! I hope you guys will finish it until the Christmas! :-) That would be a true gift for many of us.

Me too I really can't get my hand on it soon enough but I think it would be a great Christmas gift to be able to purchase the NIB in Accordance.

-Dan

Rather than pointlessly asking repeatedly I thought I would ask something practical, is there anyway I can volunteer my time in order to help bring NIB to Accordance. I am not a programer but thought I might be able to do something.

-Dan

We appreciate the offer, but there's nothing you can do to speed up the process…unless you know how to clone our team! :)

I know you're excited to see this, but until there is something substantial to announce we will likely not have anything more to say than what we already have…it's coming, eventually.

Thanks!

Edited by Rick Bennett

Ok I will try to just be patient… I thought I had seen in another post formatting things was one of things keeping things from getting done and thought that would be something i should be able to do. Look forward to hearing about it's release.

-Dan

• 1 month later...

Hope all is going well with your work on the Anchor Bible Commentary, I still hope i can get my NIB for Christmas 2013… And yes I know no announcement will be made till close to release. To know it's coming, whether it takes 5 months or a year just nice to know it is in the pipeline and I felt like keeping this perhaps pointless thread going…

B)

-Dan

• 2 months later...

New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible (5 volumes)

I see this is out now…. Hopefully the 12 Volume commentary isn;t too far behind… Any hints????? I know...

-DAN

We are working on the commentary, it's going well.

Correction, was confused with another major series. We have not received etexts for NIB Commentary yet.

Ah sad to hear that but it is what it is…. thanks for the update.

-Dan

Helen, are you at liberty to say what that other major series is? I thought I saw something on the forums recently about Anchor....

• 2 months later...
Greetings Accordance Staff!

Any fresh news to date on the acquisition of NIB for Accordance?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Blessings,

Robert

No major updates other than what we've said. We will definitely have this, but are waiting on some items from the publisher and then will be developing it for Accordance. So, it's still a couple months from being ready (at the minimum), but it's definitely coming (eventually).

• Like 1