Can I download Webinar Training Videos to my computer?

fmcfee

Hi,

I have just found the Accordance webinars and have listened to almost all of them....they are fantastic!..I really appreciate the presenters and the subject matters....Is it possible to download these to my computer?....I sometimes like to study without the internet on as well as custom sizing of the screens......I have all of Dr. J podcasts and do go back and listen to certain ones when I need to refresh my memory....

Thanks

Frank

Frank — There is a shareware app (costs under $20) that will allow you to download video from almost any page. That doesn't mean we can download things that are copyright-protected, however. It's called iTubeX. Works very well. There is freeware app called FastestTube that can download from YouTube. It works great for YouTube but not for other sites. Always be sure there are no copyright issues, however.

Frank — There is a shareware app (costs under $20) that will allow you to download video from almost any page. That doesn't mean we can download things that are copyright-protected, however. It's called iTubeX. Works very well. There is freeware app called FastestTube that can download from YouTube. It works great for YouTube but not for other sites. Always be sure there are no copyright issues, however.

Julie,

Thanks so much for your quick reply....I am in the process of trying Itubex.....so I will let you know...I appreciate your help!

Frank

Update:

I have purchased the itubex software and I have spent many hours trying to download Helen Brown's webinar "Advanced Hebrew"...I think it is a different file type??..I cannot get it to download...all the other webinar videos I was able to download....any ideas?......I really would appreciate it...it is for my personal use only...

Thanks

Edited by fmcfee

Frank,

The webinar videos that you did download... can they be played in I-Tunes... or do they need to be played using the Itubex software you purchased?

I would like to be able to download the webinar videos and send them by flashdrive to someone who has very poor internet. But it won't do any good for me to purchase the software and send the videos if the person at the receiving end can't run them. Any Ideas?

The downloaded webinar videos can be played in iTunes (I have an Accordance category in my Movies), and they can also be moved to iPad (and I assume iPhone or iPod touch for whatever it's worth). I have successfully loaded one on my iPad and it plays perfectly.

After navigating to the correct page in the iTubeX browser (which looks much like a Safari window) or getting there via the Safari plug-in, start the video you want to download — you might want to mute your sound. Then in the iTubeX Menu Bar > Download (or ⌘D). I found that I did better getting the correct file if I jumped around a bit. Reload the page in iTubeX and see if that helps you — it enabled me to get them all. The "READ ME FIRST" has an email address for contacting the developer. I've emailed him with the issue of the program repeatedly downloading a file other than the one selected. No doubt it is because there are nine on the same page. But I did get them all. You can figure out pretty quickly if you're getting a repeat by the file size so you don't have to download the whole thing to discover that you've got a duplicate.

The downloaded webinar videos can be played in iTunes (I have an Accordance category in my Movies), and they can also be moved to iPad (and I assume iPhone or iPod touch for whatever it's worth). I have successfully loaded one on my iPad and it plays perfectly.

After navigating to the correct page in the iTubeX browser (which looks much like a Safari window) or getting there via the Safari plug-in, start the video you want to download — you might want to mute your sound. Then in the iTubeX Menu Bar > Download (or ⌘D). I found that I did better getting the correct file if I jumped around a bit. Reload the page in iTubeX and see if that helps you — it enabled me to get them all. The "READ ME FIRST" has an email address for contacting the developer. I've emailed him with the issue of the program repeatedly downloading a file other than the one selected. No doubt it is because there are nine on the same page. But I did get them all. You can figure out pretty quickly if you're getting a repeat by the file size so you don't have to download the whole thing to discover that you've got a duplicate.

Julie,

Thanks so much for all your help....I did try everything you suggested ..playing the one I wanted, etc but I was never able to get Helen's Hebrew ....I have spend about 6-8 hours on this .....I called Accordance and asked if it would be possible to send a link or whatever to be able to obtain Helen's Hebrew Webinar another way....I thought about emailing the developer but did not...BTW, I was using Safari with the iTube link on the menu bar...thanks again for your reply!

Frank

Frank — I've got it. Here's a link to the Public folder of our DropBox. You can get it there.

Hey — I heard back from the iTubeX developer. He said the next version of the software (version 10) will allow us to select the source. Since I managed to get them all, I could just put any in which others are interested in our Public folder, space permitting. It's good there is a upgrade coming to iTubeX.

Edited by Julie Falling

Thanks Julie!

I got the one on Hebrew searches from your DropBox and I found a way to download some others using "RealPlayer Downloader".

Frank — I've got it. Here's a link to the Public folder of our DropBox. You can get it there.

Julie,

Thank you so much!!!!!!!!! I have one more favor...I also did not get the webinar on the timeline...would you mind doing adding that....

I really appreciate it!...thanks for contacting the developer too!

Frank

Can someone post the link to the page listing the webinars? I searched and couldn't find it.

Julie, I'd be interested in the Timeline one, too, if you have room in your public folder.

If any of you have trouble with any of the other webinars, please post and I'll put them in my DropBox. I still have almost 2G left. However, I won't be able to keep them there for too long. Perhaps the Accordance folks can post them in a downloadable form on the Webinar page?

Here's the webinar for Timeline/Maps — link.

Julie,

Thanks so much....

Frank