Better user notes editing

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Lately I've been trying to use Accordance on iOS (iPod touch an now my brand new iPad) and I've run into a hitch. I use a User Notes files to record my own translations of my preaching texts. When doing this on iOs, however, I run into problems

1). I can't move the edit window around, so sometimes it covers the verse I'm trying to translate.

2). Instant details won't work in the background while the edit window is open.

What would be ideal, in my opinion, would be able to use the bottom/side section that can be used for another text or tool to be usable for editing User Notes.

For now I'm stuck with writing out my translations on paper while using Accordance on iOS.

Lorinda

• Like 1

I agree especially with point 1 and it doesn't have to be translations. There have been many times when I needed to refer to the verse I am commenting on part way through writing the note.

Re #1. If you tap on the top of the screen where it displays the name of your user note file, it will expand and show the verse you're entering notes on.

Re #2. Perhaps this can be mitigated if Accordance allows editing in the view pane itself rather than opening up a separate edit window.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'd like to bump it up. I've started trying to use my iPad during translation, but the current implementation of notes makes it a rather onerous task. Ideally I'd like to see notes open in a parallel pane and allow interaction with the primary pane while editing the notes (so, for example, it would be possible to get instant details from the original text while working in the notes pane).

Is there any hope that something like this might appear in the future?

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the tip on showing the verse which we are writing a user note. I have another feature request...

Please, please allow tapping or tap and hold on the user note verse link to instantly open that note for editing. This would be a huge improvement for note taking during a sermon! And if the note opened in a flyout that was movable (or even better in the view pane already showing) and still allowed the scripture pane to be scrolled...wow!!!

See my attached view on my iPad. Thanks! :)

post-32972-0-51794900-1409058258_thumb.png

Hi jbellrmr

Welcome to the forum

There is this post from rick in the heavy iOS user thread so hopefully we will get an early Christmas present!

http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12987

;o)

We're getting close to moving into beta on the next major iOS release which, as we've alluded to here on the forum, will address arbitrary text selection (plus other enhancements and new features). This will then affect copying, highlighting, etc. - a recurring request among users. After that we plan to keep moving forward with new features, etc.

Edited by ukfraser