Adding parallel panes- Greek and Hebrew tools; 3 panes?

DLeavins

Could we possibly have the ability to add Hebrew tools and Greek tools as parallel panes with the biblical text? It would be great if we could tap on a word in the Hebrew text and then see the entry for that word in HALOT or BDAG.

Also, could we have 3 panes, so that, for example, we could have the Greek text, an English translation, and BDAG all visible on the screen?

Thanks for considering this-

Danny

Edited by DLeavins

Could we possibly have the ability to add Hebrew tools and Greek tools as parallel panes with the biblical text? It would be great if we could tap on a word in the Hebrew text and then see the entry for that word in HALOT or BDAG.

Also, could we have 3 panes, so that, for example, we could have the Greek text, an English translation, and BDAG all visible on the screen?

Thanks for considering this-

Danny

Hi, Danny!

In "Accordance-speak," "parallel panes" implies that the texts scroll together, so that isn't possible

Oops! I didn't pay attention to the fact that you posted in the iOS forum!

So, nevermind....

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Oops! I didn't pay attention to the fact that you posted in the iOS forum!

So, nevermind....

Double "oops." I didn't notice that either.

We are working on a way to do this better. However, I doubt very much it will ever involve multiple zones on the iPhone. There just isn't enough room! Now, the iPad...., hmmm.

Double "oops." I didn't notice that either.

We are working on a way to do this better. However, I doubt very much it will ever involve multiple zones on the iPhone. There just isn't enough room! Now, the iPad...., hmmm.

Thanks for the reply. yes, I am using an iPad, and it would be wonderful to be able to use zones if possible. It would at least be nice to have one pane/zone with a text (e.g., BHS-W4) and another with a Hebrew tool to which it could link (e.g., HALOT) and show entries for words that we touch in the text.

Thanks again for considering this.

Danny

• 4 weeks later...

I too would love to have a third text showing on the iPad application. I use my iPad in landscape orientation. While I can use the GNT-T and NET side-by-side, I'd love to have another text, like NET-Notes, Comfort or Metzger, beneath the two biblical texts.

It would also be nice to have access to some of the other resource tools to be open at the same time as a biblical text. Currently, I'm limited to opening either a second biblical text, or one of the reference tools, but I am unable to open a "General tool" at the same time, such as Manners and Customs.

• 1 month later...

Three panes isn't a good idea. While it could fly on the iPad, Accordance on the iPhone is already cramped enough.

What about "Triple Tapping" a word to open it up in either the default Greek or Hebrew tool? Or how about adding a "Tool" button within the already existent HUD that pops up when you hold your finger on a word? So, getting to a tool would look like this: tap and hold to pull up the HUD, then tap the tool button to see that word in your default language tool.

As a side note, the newly released Tweetbot app does a fantastic job of leveraging various gestures and tap combos to perform different functions. When there's so much potential for functionality and so little screen estate, you almost have to get crafty with gestures and tap combos.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Three panes isn't a good idea. While it could fly on the iPad, Accordance on the iPhone is already cramped enough.

What about "Triple Tapping" a word to open it up in either the default Greek or Hebrew tool? Or how about adding a "Tool" button within the already existent HUD that pops up when you hold your finger on a word? So, getting to a tool would look like this: tap and hold to pull up the HUD, then tap the tool button to see that word in your default language tool.

As a side note, the newly released Tweetbot app does a fantastic job of leveraging various gestures and tap combos to perform different functions. When there's so much potential for functionality and so little screen estate, you almost have to get crafty with gestures and tap combos.

I am backing the request for 3 panes. If it is too cramped on the iPhone, you simply don't need to activate a 3rd pane. On the Mac I always have the Bible comments and my personal notes open with the Bible text. I would love to see the same on the iPad.

• 11 months later...

Not sure if this has been implemented yet, but I like it.