Accordance announcements

Alistair

I know there are differences in timezones and delays in emails, but it seems to me that I get the official "news" (ie Helen's email) about Accordance updates a day or two behind following websites such as Versiontracker, Macupdate and Macsurfer (sites which I usually check every day

Actually the newsletter is deliberately released later than the posting of the new release on the website and on the forum. There are a number of reasons for this, mainly that we want to spread out the downloads so that IF there is a serious problem we can correct it before too many people have downloaded it. I actually wish VersionTracker et al would not pick up our new release until we ask them to, but they are so efficient!

I also try to avoid sending too many newsletters so that they do not flood people's inboxes or get treated as spam. Therefore, some announcements there are days or weeks old. I figure the newsletter is for people who want to keep in touch, but not necessarily up to the minute, and do not check online themselves.

A better solution for you may be to subscribe to the Accordance Announcements Forum, or to the forum RSS feed, so that you see the announcement as soon as it goes up.

FYI we only send a mass email to all users (who have not opted out) about once or twice a year. We no longer send mass snail mail.

A better solution for you may be to subscribe to the Accordance Announcements Forum, or to the forum RSS feed, so that you see the announcement as soon as it goes up.

Alistair,

This is an excellent suggestion and would precisely serve your needs. The Forum Announcement Section is, as best as I can tell, the very first place that gets the word on anything.

You can "email subscribe" to that forum, and it'll send you and email anytime something is posted in it.

Thanks, that's the perfect solution!

~A!

Archived