Widget 1.6.2 Difficulties

Mark Glodfelter

Hello and thank you all for your hard work on making Accordance a great piece of Bible software.

But I am having an issue with Accordance Widget. I upgraded to 1.6.2 and it still doesn't import. I trashed the old one with the plist file as well. Installed a new one and no import. I really use this feature a lot so any help would be great.

Mark Glodfelter

I updated to 8.3 and have an issue with the widget also. It seems to stall Dashboard as other widgets freeze (I have radar in motion running also).

Mark:

What do you mean by 'import'? Are you referring to the auto-search capability? Or is it simply not communicating with Accordance at all? If the latter is the case, where is your Accordance folder located on your machine, and what is the name of your Accordance application? Also, are you running on Snow Leopard?

Tony:

I'm sorry to hear that it seems to have stalled the dashboard. First, try a restart of the computer so we know we are starting clean. Then reopen the dashboard and try running the widget. If the dashboard becomes stalled again, open up /Applications/Utilities/Console.app and let me know if there are any error messages there regarding the widget or dashboard in general. Finally, it may not be a bad idea try again, starting 'clean'. That is, removing the widget's file entirely (It is found in ~/Library/Widgets/) and its preference file, called widget-com.oaktree.widget.Accordance.plist, and reinstalling the widget.

I'm going to split these posts off of this topic into a new one on the widget board, for clarity.

Thanks Joel, deleting the widget AND the preference file and reinstalling did the trick. It is working perfectly now. TL

Joel,

I am using 10.6. What I mean by import is by bringing verses and passages into my word processor. In this case Safari. I have all the citations check. When I want to import a verse while working in Pages, I'll bring up the widget, type my verse or verses, and then nothing. It stays in the dashboard window and never imports it into pages.

I hop that made sense.

Mark

Archived