User bibles and tagging

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

OK so I'm pretty sure I know the answer but it should be an easy close for anyone.

Its really cool having parallel texts highlight corresponding words in each text as you mouse over - Mouseover Highlighting the doc calls it.

Is there any way I could do this for a User Bible ?

The reason I'm interested is that I am doing translation exercises as a User Bible and loading them into Acc to compare with parallel texts with various translations.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Well, I could say no, and I am pretty sure I am right too, but I am no user Bible expert.

Hi Ken, I suspect you are correct as if it were possible it would be undocumented as far as I can tell. But in this case I figured I'd ask. I expect that to do this would either be a lot of manual work on the part of the User Bible text preparer - in this case me - or would effectively require whatever text prep. tool is used by those who mark up the tagged texts Accordance produces.

Thx

D

I think that's correct. The User Bible was not conceived with the intention that it could replace a fully prepared text. However, if there are covert methods to do so, it would be nice to know from those that know!