Accordance 10 - WOW!

JonathanHuber

Dear Accordance,

Well done! The new app is amazing, the new website is amazing, the new packages are amazing, and the promise of Accordance 10 for Windows is amazing. This is an incredible set of improvements. Serious kudos to everyone who helped pull this off.

Jonathan

• Like 1

Thanks, Jonathan!

I feel that way too, and I'm part of the team! :D I've been so busy with the podcast, I hadn't taken time to see what everyone else was doing. I love our new homepage. Makes me feel like part of an elite [and very, very knowledgeable] club.

That's Dr. J the elitist!

Well, the humble elitist.

I agree wholeheartedly with Jonathan. All your hard work, planning, and talent have yielded a terrific piece of software and a colorful, uncluttered, easy-to-navigate new website. It will be even easier to navigate when it is not so swamped by updaters and buyers!

I really like the new packages, too. Even though I already owned a bunch of the stuff in the Essential Collection, it was still worth the upgrade from the Premier 9.

Thanks to all of you.

Edited by Julie Falling

Great Job! Accordance 10 is beautiful. I really like some of the built in themes and like the you've done a lot of work on making them beautiful to look at and easy to read. I'm sure that it will take time to both get used to and discover all the changes (keep those podcasts coming!), but after 10 minutes I am glad to have upgraded!

Edited by C Layton

Themes? Where, what, how do I find them, use them?

Check our your new Set Text Display and Set Tool Display!

I like!

I have to agree, this release just confirms to me the Accordance team's dedication to their craft. Solid work all around.

Is there a comparison of 9.x and 10? Or is there a list somewhere of what is new? Thanks for all the work.

Is there a comparison of 9.x and 10? Or is there a list somewhere of what is new? Thanks for all the work.

http://www.accordanc...le.com/Features - Accordance's main features

http://www.accordanc...n-Accordance-10 - What's new since 9

Hope this helps. :)

Edited by T. Conrad
  • Like 1

I'm interested to see that version 10 will come in a Windows version. I have no desire to see Windows users locked out of my favorite Bible software. However, I do hope that moving resources into Windows development doesn't hurt the Mac version. We use Pro Presenter at our Church which used to be a Mac only product. After the Windows version was released we found future Mac updates to be far more buggy and less refined. Here's hopping Accordance avoids that pitfall.

I think I can speak for the entire Accordance staff. Macs will always have first place in our hearts.

• Like 1

The only real downside I can see to having Accordance on a PC is that you'll have a beautiful, uncluttered program running on a machine that is plastered with stickers!

• Like 1

In my up grade, Accordance 10 is rebuilding my whole library via easy install.

Should that procedure be taken for granted / normal behavior?

The update looks amazing. Unfortunately, so does the price tag... Looks like another lesson in delayed gratification. :)

Ryan -

The app update is less than $50. That's not all that steep for all the new features! The modules you already own will work. You don't have to buy any new ones to get the update.

Julie is correct. You can upgrade to the new Accordance 10 Starter Collection which will give you version 10 and any new modules in the Starter Collection. Of course, you will still have access to all your current Accordance modules as well. That being said, we made sure that the higher level collections (Bible Study-Ultimate) offer an amazing value, so I expect that many users will want to take advantage of these and expand their Accordance library at a huge discount. For example, did you notice that the $199.99 Bible Study Collection includes all 49 volumes of the Tyndale Commentary? Hard to resist :).

Julie,

The app is $.01 less than $50... It's just too much for me to pay for an upgrade right now, esp. when there are actual modules I need.

The only real downside I can see to having Accordance on a PC is that you'll have a beautiful, uncluttered program running on a machine that is plastered with stickers!

I've never understood this. It's one thing for the manufacturers to put those stickers on Windows laptops, by why in world do Windows users leave them on there? I've bought only one Windows laptop in the last 14 years, and the first thing I did was remove all the stickers. I can't see why others don't do this, too.

The stickers show you bought something cool!

I purchased the Starter Collection (Accordance 10). It showed up in Easy Install. I downloaded and installed it but I am still only have Accordance 9. I've closed and re-opened the application. Easy Install is showing Starter Collection (Accordance 10) as downloaded and installed, but nothing has changed - I still only have Accordance 9. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do?

I purchased the Starter Collection (Accordance 10). It showed up in Easy Install. I downloaded and installed it but I am still only have Accordance 9. I've closed and re-opened the application. Easy Install is showing Starter Collection (Accordance 10) as downloaded and installed, but nothing has changed - I still only have Accordance 9. Am I missing something? What else do I need to do?

The installers can be found here: http://www.accordancebible.com/Accordance-Installers/#Acc-10

Give those a try.

• Like 1

Buck, I was confused about this also. But I finally figured out that you need to do the following: On the Accordance website, go to your account page. Then click on "My Products" on the left. You should see your purchase of Accordance 10 in the list (mine was at the top). Just click on the green box with the down arrow, and you will have the choice of downloading the installer alone or the installer with the modules. Since you already have the modules, choose just the installer. The installer will download, then you just install Accordance 10. Hope this helps.