Unabridged Smith's Bible Dictionary

Michael Miles

I have quite an extensive print library here which includes a massive 4 volume Smith's Bible Dictionary that I refer to quite often. It is far and away a better study tool than the abridged versions offered by all of the Bible software companies. I doubt that many or any of them are aware of the original large volumes that Dr. William Smith produced.

That being said, and with personal knowledge of it's value in study, I'd like to suggest that Accordance obtain a copy of the original work and offer it as a module. It is quite vast in scope and I'm sure that if people were exposed to the original work and not the abridged versions, then Dr. Smith's attention to detail would benefit many people and Accordance would have a module that nobody else offers.

• Like 1

The problem is etexting such a massive work and converting it for Accordance would be expensive. Most of our users would not be willing to pay much for such an outdated and relatively unknown work, however valuable. This is why none of the software companies have seen fit to offer it.