Tab names

Julia Falling

It would be very helpful if, when one hovers over a tab name, 1) that the full name would show up in instant details, or 2) the full name would be visible right at the tab. When doing a Contents search in another tab, the only way I can determine the tab name now is to pretend like I want to rename it. Clunky.

This came up during a recent webinar we attended taught by Helen, but my husband had already encountered the issue. I don't know how hard a fix it might be, but it would certainly we welcome at our house.

• Like 2

This would be a nice feature.

Plus 1: I still hope that the default tab names may customized.

Great idea!

+1

@ Martin: What do you mean by customized? I'm assuming that you're not talking about renaming the tabs, which is already possible

I think a mouseover tool tip would be the way to go rather than ID but agreed it would be nice to have. With the longer tab names in 11 I've had issues with this more than once.

As to selection of tabs for HITS or CONTENTS or the like, I wonder if as one navigates the offered list the appropriate tab in the workspace could be highlighted. That would remove ambiguity. Of course if the tab is not in the front most w/s that might cause issues. Hmm...not sure.

Thx

D

Great idea!

+1

@ Martin: What do you mean by customized? I'm assuming that you're not talking about renaming the tabs, which is already possible

Hi Pchris,

I meant the "default tab name."

For example, when I open "Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia Tagged", the default tab name is "Biblia Hebraica Stuttgarte..."

When I open "Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebraica) Tagged," the default tab name is "Hebrew Bible (Biblia Hebra..."

I really want to set up the default tab names such as "BHS-T" and "BHS" respectively for these two Bibles.

I made suggestions here, but so far nobody responded. :(

Blessings,
Martin
  • Like 1

Ohhh, I see - sure, that would be a neat feature as well