Scrolling syntax elements in sync with search results

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I have found that when I do a search in the GNT-T I have to manually scroll the syntax module to the appropriate place to see the diagram matching the particular verse or verses of each hit.

Is there any way to quickly get the Syntax pane to seek to the correct syntax diagram ? Or is this an enhancement ? Something very like what happens in parallel texts with a single search showing the same verses would be great. I do realise that the syntax modules have to search by chapter or greater scope because of the issue of syntax elements crossing verse boundaries but some accommodation of that could no doubt be made - perhaps using the context slider.

Thx

D

The syntax tree does show the full context around it instead of isolated verses, but that may be inherent to the programming since the tree itself often spans multiple verses for long sentences. If you scroll through the GNT, the syntax should scroll in a parallel pane, one verse at a time, with the alignment determined by the top-most verse visible just like any other parallel reference tool. Does that help?

Hi Jonathan,

Actually that's not quite what I meant. What I really wanted was that you should be able to move from one search result to the next and somehow the syntax would locate to the related part of the syntax tree. (Not just scroll through the whole text and they stay in sync) Well it turns out this is possible already. If you use the Vs arrows (next and prev) in the search text results the Syntax is moved to the related place. I don't tend to use those buttons much so had not thought to try them.

Excellent.

Thx

D